Another University Just Blocked Ben Shapiro From Speaking

Jan 2019
southeast
I guess the left only believes in freedom of speech when it s a liberal professor. Another University Just Blocked Ben Shapiro From Speaking

Another University Just Blocked Ben Shapiro From Speaking

Cortney O'Brien

|
@obrienc2
|
Posted: Feb 02, 2019 9:00 AM
Share (1K) Tweet

Source: AP Photo/Rich Pedroncelli

On Thursday, members of Grand Canyon University's Young Americans for Freedom chapter were told that they would not be able to host conservative pundit Ben Shapiro on campus. The GCU administrators told the students that Shapiro was just too “cut throat” and divisive, according to YAF. Additionally, they reasoned that a Shapiro appearance would not be good for the school long-term, hoping to maintain its culture of unity, love, and respect.

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more
how do we know this university is liberal? Hate speech is not protected speech. Shapiro doesn't have any "right" to speak at a private Christian University. I'm sure there are multiple white supremacist organization that would love to have him over to do a speech. Including the current White House.

Jan 2019
southeast
how do we know this university is liberal? Hate speech is not protected speech. Shapiro doesn't have any "right" to speak at a private Christian University. I'm sure there are multiple white supremacist organization that would love to have him over to do a speech. Including the current White House.
He does not speak "hate" and obviously you have never heard him.

Jan 2019
southeast
And you ask how do I now the administration is left? Gee it does not take a rocket scientist to figure that out. The GCU administrators told the students that Shapiro was just too “cut throat” and divisive, according to YAF.

What are they afraid of? Afraid they may hear something that does not go with their political indoctrination

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more
that's a matter of opinion. Don't get me wrong. I think they should allow him to speak. I just don't think he has any enshrined constitutional "right" to speak.

Nov 2015
UK
It's obvious why lefties dislike Shapiro, he makes a mockery of their bizzare beliefs.

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more
And you ask how do I now the administration is left? Gee it does not take a rocket scientist to figure that out. The GCU administrators told the students that Shapiro was just too “cut throat” and divisive, according to YAF.

What are they afraid of? Afraid they may hear something that does not go with their political indoctrination
how does that prove the university is liberal?