Another University Just Blocked Ben Shapiro From Speaking

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more
Your source. It has to be a threat. A credible real threat. That isn’t “hate speech.” Hate speech has no legal definition. Nor should it. Your source even argued that (openly stating it does more harm than good). Threats are not “hate speech.” Nor is it free speech. It is a credible threat. Which is under a totally different legal definition.
yeah, I read it. I know what it says. You were claiming that hate speech is protected "period". That's not true. And , as you've noted, hate speech does not have a legal definition. There is debate over what constitutes hate speech and what doesn't.

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more
No. He is a professional debater. A master debater if you will. Now all silliness aside, rarely does he do anything more than attack the utopian mentality of the left and debate them on their merits. Which usually results in their failure.
that's his job?

Dec 2018
Florida
Shapiro runs rings around leftist who challenge him. He's a threat to anyone who doesn't want to hear the truth -- or, doesn't want others to hear the truth.

The left say they are for free speech, but what they mean is they want free speech for those who agree with them. They want shut down free speech for guys like Shapiro.
I’ve only know a few democrats I’d put up against him in a debate. One is actually a Jewish person himself. Nobody famous. Just studied and well educated.

Most of the people that he bushwhacks are incompetent dumbasses who don’t know why they believe what they believe. Schapiro is not tied down by A party line and that makes it a bitch for people on the left. He genuinely believes what he believes and argues it that way. Left or right that tends to make somebody better educated on a topIc.

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more
so he's a right wing provocateur who makes money exploiting the hatred right wingers feel towards liberals.

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more
I’ve only know a few democrats I’d put up against him in a debate. One is actually a Jewish person himself. Nobody famous. Just studied and well educated.

Most of the people that he bushwhacks are incompetent dumbasses who don’t know why they believe what they believe. Schapiro is not tied down by A party line and that makes it a bitch for people on the left. He genuinely believes what he believes and argues it that way. Left or right that tends to make somebody better educated on a topIc.
he sounds like a dick.

HayJenn

Jul 2014
CA
Free speech 'hero' Ben Shapiro's as alt-right as a Jew can get
Good dissertation on free speech on campus, from Berkeley..

Conservative commentator Ben Shapiro, appearing Friday as the keynote speaker of the annual March for Life on the National Mall in Washington, shared with his audience a head-scratching scenario about abortion and Adolf Hitler.

“The argument, I guess here, would you kill baby Hitler?” he started off, in a clip posted to Twitter. “And the truth is that no pro-life person on earth would kill baby Hitler. Because baby Hitler wasn’t Hitler — adult Hitler was Hitler. Baby Hitler was a baby.”

Shapiro, who is Jewish, offered a suggestion: “What you presumably want to do with baby Hitler is take baby Hitler out of baby Hitler’s house and move baby Hitler into a better house, where he would not grow up to be Hitler.”

Ben Shapiro: I wouldn’t kill baby Hitler

Jul 2011
NYC/Москва
Conservative commentator Ben Shapiro, appearing Friday as the keynote speaker of the annual March for Life on the National Mall in Washington, shared with his audience a head-scratching scenario about abortion and Adolf Hitler.

“The argument, I guess here, would you kill baby Hitler?” he started off, in a clip posted to Twitter. “And the truth is that no pro-life person on earth would kill baby Hitler. Because baby Hitler wasn’t Hitler — adult Hitler was Hitler. Baby Hitler was a baby.”

Shapiro, who is Jewish, offered a suggestion: “What you presumably want to do with baby Hitler is take baby Hitler out of baby Hitler’s house and move baby Hitler into a better house, where he would not grow up to be Hitler.”

Ben Shapiro: I wouldn’t kill baby Hitler

Would you kill baby hitler?