Anti-abortion congressman urged woman get an abortion, text messages suggest

Feb 2007
In my mind
I am staunchly agaisnt abortion, except when I am fucking someone other than my wife and get her knocked up, then I want her to have an abortion.....

Indeed, that seems to be the message form one fellow in Congress who was having an affair, got the lady pregnant, and then wanted her to have na abortion even though he is staunchly against abortions when it serves his political purpose it appears.

What shameless hypocrisy.

Anti-abortion lawmaker urged woman get an abortion, report says - CNNPolitics

Rep. Tim Murphy, a Pennsylvania Republican with a staunchly anti-abortion voting record, urged a woman he was having an affair with to get an abortion, according to messages obtained by the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.

Murphy admitted to the affair in September, and texts reported on by the Post-Gazette showed the woman accused Murphy of hypocrisy in January after an anti-abortion message was posted to his Facebook account.

"You have zero issue posting your pro-life stance all over the place when you had no issue asking me to abort our unborn child just last week when we thought that was one of the options," she wrote, according to the Post-Gazette.

Reactions: 1 person

Djinn

Council Hall
Dec 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
I expect that many "pro-life" politicians have availed themselves of abortion services. Fortunately for them, their hypocrisy is safeguarded by medical privacy laws.

Reactions: 3 people

Ian Jeffrey

Council Hall
Mar 2013
Vulcan, down the street from Darth Vader
And people will still vote for him, I bet.

Sep 2014
United States
I hypocrite in Congress? That's a shocker. STOP THE PRESSES!!!!!!!!!!!

OP only has 534 more threads to start.

:popcorn:

Macduff

Apr 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
He's a local Congressman so I've been following this closely. The report also says that he's extremely abusive to staff as well. He has a 100% turnover rate with his staff because no one wants to work for him.

Nov 2010
They aren't really pro life, they pander to suckers that are so stupid that they actually believe these people. Even in the face of constant hypocrisy

Macduff

Apr 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
The June 8 memo, titled “Office Conduct and Behavior: Harassment/Legal Compliance,” says that there had been an "ongoing and ever more pronounced pattern of sustained inappropriate behavior" from the congressman.

The memo criticized his "inability to hire and retain competent staff, abysmal office morale," as well as "hostile, erratic, unstable, angry, aggressive and abusive behavior."

According to the memo, the office has had nearly 100 percent staff turnover in one year and that the office has lost more than 100 staffers since Ms. Mosychuk started working with Mr. Murphy. Ms. Mosychuk began working with him in 2003.

The memo says that its purpose was to detail the problems as they related to the office manual as well as the Congressional Accountability Act and seek corrective action.

The memo recounted events from June 2 and June 5 involving a visit Mr. Murphy made to his home district.

“You were storming around as we walked in, and as we sat down for prep — having just arrived literally moments ago — you started in on the [legislative director] and verbally abused him, harassed him, chastised him and criticized all his work products. You called many of the work products that he literally gave up his weekend to produce as ‘useless.’ You pushed other documents off the table onto the floor because they weren't what you wanted. Then you got angry and demanded we find the documents that you had just thrown on the ground.”

The memo also referenced a town hall meeting Mr. Murphy held on June 5 and said that Mr. Murphy drove the car with staff to events later that day. As he drove in a torrential downpour, the memo says, his driving was "dangerous and erratic," while he read his iPad, played YouTube videos and texted.
Rep. Tim Murphy, popular with pro-life movement, urged abortion in affair, texts suggest | Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Jun 2014
Cleveland, Ohio
I am staunchly agaisnt abortion, except when I am fucking someone other than my wife and get her knocked up, then I want her to have an abortion.....

Indeed, that seems to be the message form one fellow in Congress who was having an affair, got the lady pregnant, and then wanted her to have na abortion even though he is staunchly against abortions when it serves his political purpose it appears.

What shameless hypocrisy.

Anti-abortion lawmaker urged woman get an abortion, report says - CNNPolitics

Rep. Tim Murphy, a Pennsylvania Republican with a staunchly anti-abortion voting record, urged a woman he was having an affair with to get an abortion, according to messages obtained by the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.

Murphy admitted to the affair in September, and texts reported on by the Post-Gazette showed the woman accused Murphy of hypocrisy in January after an anti-abortion message was posted to his Facebook account.

"You have zero issue posting your pro-life stance all over the place when you had no issue asking me to abort our unborn child just last week when we thought that was one of the options," she wrote, according to the Post-Gazette.
A hypocrite in elected office?

Color me *stunned*.