Anti-capitalist May Day morons injure police officers, destroy property in Seattle

Apr 2011
Under your skin
May Day protests in Seattle turned violent on Sunday, as protesters lit fireworks and threw rocks and Molotov cocktails at police, Seattle Police said. After a peaceful march was held earlier in the day, nine people were arrested and five officers were injured in the clashes, according to police.
Seattle Mayor Ed Murray thanked police for their "extraordinary work" in a statement.
"It is unfortunate and deeply regrettable that in a city that goes to incredible lengths to respect First Amendment rights, there are some who disregard our values and engage in senseless acts of violence and property destruction," he said. "My thoughts are with the officers who were injured."
One officer sustained a facial laceration, another was bitten and a third was hit by a Molotov cocktail but not burned.

Molotov cocktails, violence at Seattle protests - CNN.com

How many of the anti-capitalist douchebags marching on May Day captured the experience on their iPhones?

ARMCX1

Former Staff
Jun 2013
SoCal
Seattle is a bastion of leftist militancy. I first became aware of it in 1999 when the anti-WTO, anti-GATT, anti-IMF protests were held during a round of international trade negotiations held in Seattle.

ARMCX1

Former Staff
Jun 2013
SoCal
The very same groups that ripped up the 1999 Seattle protests came to Philadelphia in 2000 for the GOP convention and to Washington DC for a 2002 protest. I met these people in PHL 2000. Likable enough with their protests and their puppets. Pretty well behaved in PHL and in DC. Lots of monitors keeping an eye on things avoided repeats of Seattle 1999. Plus a plan worked out between protest organizers and the DCPD.

May 2012
By the wall
I loved living in the NW but couldn't stand the people. When I moved up to Portland from California I noticed there was no welcome to Oregon sign but there was one for California. I had two guys drive by me and flip me off and yell for me to back.

Wasn't a great start.