Anti-Defamation League Urges Benjamin Netanyahu To Cancel Congress Speech

Aug 2012
Here
I do find it interesting how great the frenzy of the left has become about him speaking. Is it because it's him (the person)? or that he represents Israel? or they don't want to anger the leadership in Iran that Obama is coddling?

The election (Israel) issue doesn't wash as an excuse, so be honest in your response (if you're brave enough to).

:)

Sep 2013
On a hill
I do find it interesting how great the frenzy of the left has become about him speaking. Is it because it's him (the person)? or that he represents Israel? or they don't want to anger the leadership in Iran that Obama is coddling?

The election (Israel) issue doesn't wash as an excuse, so be honest in your response (if you're brave enough to).

:)
An Israeli perspective:

So this is their plan: to inject even more inter-party venom into hitherto bipartisan support for Israel, to pour high-octane political fuel on the already burning fires, to stain Obama loyalists as Israel-haters whose place is outside the fence, where they should remain.

This is the favored, exclusionist modus operandi, after all, of many Netanyahu adherents and other right-wingers of similar ilk, in the American Jewish community and in Israel itself. Instead of a multi-decade policy of ensuring wall-to-wall Congressional support for Israel, from the deep left to the extreme right, we will now have the Netanyahu litmus test, whoever isn’t with us is against us, let’s go for the jugular and the future be damned.

*Advertisement

Reactions: 4 people

Rasselas

Feb 2010
USA
It's about the timing of what he has to say and the factional political nature of his appearance.

Dec 2006
In the Witness Protection Program
Ok, ignore the loss of jewish support for the Democratic Party then. I don't particularly care.
They still vote predominantly Democratic. Are we going to be told they are voting against their interests, too?

Ian Jeffrey

Council Hall
Mar 2013
Vulcan, down the street from Darth Vader
American Jews have long associated with the Democratic Party.
Yes, but we remain associated with Israel, as well, and don't think we aren't -- or that the Democratic party is by any means anti-Israel. If the party became such, it would lose more Jews than it kept, and would tip the balance (of Jews, this is) to the Republicans.

Reactions: 1 person