Anti-gay preacher Steven Anderson banned from Ireland

Jul 2011
NYC/Москва
It's funny, all the mysoginy, and homophobia in mainstream islam is not about religion but "culture" or so I was told when I had a thread about muslims throwing gays from roofs (the approved islamic punishment for gays), but this crackpot strip mall pastor speaks for christianity... that's rich.

Nov 2007
Prague, Czech Republic
I’m curious if we could ban someone for stating things like killing gays? We have Free Speech. But what would the limit be for calling for the death of someone. Especially for a non citizen.
If you mean ban them from entering the country, then I don't think you can for a US citizen. For non-citizens, though, the State Dept and Department of Homeland Security both have very broad powers to refuse entry 'in the interest of national security'. Several Republican politicians from Northern Ireland have been refused entry to the US on account of their support for violence, for example.

When I come to the US, I have to agree that they can refuse to let me in without explanation and that I have no legal recourse in such an event.

Nov 2008
Washington state
No. You kept insisting that Anderson was merely quoting the Bible. He, not you, was endorsing what the Bible said about killing gays.
Did the Pastor murder any Gays? NO. You are just outraged he goes along with ancient Jewish laws . Muslims go along with this today. Are you outraged about that? No, just a Christian Pastor, no Muslims, no Jews.

Nov 2008
Washington state
I’m curious if we could ban someone for stating things like killing gays? We have Free Speech. But what would the limit be for calling for the death of someone. Especially for a non citizen.
Seems like the only ones getting banned are Christians, but not Muslims or Jews. Christians never had laws that put Gays to death, but Jews and Muslims did.

Jul 2007
So. Md.
Did the Pastor murder any Gays? NO. You are just outraged he goes along with ancient Jewish laws . Muslims go along with this today. Are you outraged about that? No, just a Christian Pastor, no Muslims, no Jews.
I am outraged that at what some Muslims do to gays. My point is that this guy is no better. He's pretty much the same as those Muslims who kill gays.

Mar 2019
Down a back road turn south on a gravel drive
No. You kept insisting that Anderson was merely quoting the Bible. He, not you, was endorsing what the Bible said about killing gays.
The death penalty was God's law for the Isrealites. It's not the civil law today.

We have to recognize it because that is how God feels about homosexuality. And it's the law that God set up back then.

I don't think this pastor is saying kill gays today.

Jul 2007
So. Md.
The death penalty was God's law for the Isrealites. It's not the civil law today.

We have to recognize it because that is how God feels about homosexuality. And it's the law that God set up back then.

I don't think this pastor is saying kill gays today.
He most certainly is and he would do it if he could get away with it.

I can't believe you people who are defending that deranged radical Christian nutjob.