Anti-gay preacher Steven Anderson banned from Ireland

Dec 2018
Florida
If you mean ban them from entering the country, then I don't think you can for a US citizen. For non-citizens, though, the State Dept and Department of Homeland Security both have very broad powers to refuse entry 'in the interest of national security'. Several Republican politicians from Northern Ireland have been refused entry to the US on account of their support for violence, for example.

When I come to the US, I have to agree that they can refuse to let me in without explanation and that I have no legal recourse in such an event.
Yep. That is kind of what I figured. Calling for violence Has specific requirements. But a citizen in our nation has free speech within our nation. But not abroad.

Nov 2008
Washington state
To be honest? Muslims being banned isn’t newsworthy
Say one wrong thing about a Muslim and they may fly an airplane into your building. That's why they are not threatened with Sharia laws that kills Gays.

The death penalty for homosexuality was historically implemented by a number of countries worldwide. It currently remains a legal punishment in several countries and regions, all of which have sharia-based criminal laws. Being prescribed by the law does not necessarily mean that the penalty is carried out in practice. Gays have also fallen victim to extrajudicial killings by state and non-state actors Death penalty for homosexuality - Wikipedia

Nov 2007
Prague, Czech Republic
Seems like the only ones getting banned are Christians, but not Muslims or Jews.
That's not true of course. Zakir Naik, President of the Islamic Research Foundation, was banned entry to both Canada and the UK when he tried to do a lecture tour. Looking at the list of people banned from entering the UK, there are loads of Muslims, and at least two Jews.

Controversial Australian Islamic preachet Sheikh Shandy was denied entry to NZ just a few weeks ago. He's been in the news before because of people being outraged about his views BN homosexuality, in contradiction to your paranoid claims. He was also in the news last year as one of six radical Muslim preachers Denmark announced they were banning from entry to the country.

Nothing systematic here, just a few arbitrary examples.

Babba

Former Staff
Jul 2007
So. Md.
Put up the quote that he said then.

Also, if he was gonna kill gay, he would have done it by now. There's a lot of them out there now.
He hasn't done it only because he knows it's against the law to murder anyone. But he does say this, "I'm not saying people should take the law into their own hands," he said. "I do think it should be against the law (to be gay)."

Protest held against Tempe pastor for AIDS comments

He's another who wants to codify the Christian religion in our laws.

Babba

Former Staff
Jul 2007
So. Md.
Say one wrong thing about a Muslim and they may fly an airplane into your building. That's why they are not threatened with Sharia laws that kills Gays.

The death penalty for homosexuality was historically implemented by a number of countries worldwide. It currently remains a legal punishment in several countries and regions, all of which have sharia-based criminal laws. Being prescribed by the law does not necessarily mean that the penalty is carried out in practice. Gays have also fallen victim to extrajudicial killings by state and non-state actors Death penalty for homosexuality - Wikipedia
The Pastor in the OP wants it to be illegal to be gay. He's just as bad as radical Muslims. Two sides of the same coin. I've always said that.

Nov 2007
Prague, Czech Republic
The death penalty was God's law for the Isrealites. It's not the civil law today.

I don't think this pastor is saying kill gays today.
That's exactly what he's saying. He's saying that this should be the law today. To repeat his views on the victims of the Orlando shooting.

"But these people all should have been killed, anyway, but they should have been killed through the proper channels, as in they should have been executed by a righteous government that would have tried them, convicted them, and saw them executed."

It's not like he's being vague and obtuse about his point of view. Why the attempt to misunderstand?

Mar 2019
Down a back road turn south on a gravel drive
"I'm not saying people should take the law into their own hands," he said. "I do think it should be against the law (to be gay)."
That's a lot different than people in this thread saying he wants to kill gays.

Babba

Former Staff
Jul 2007
So. Md.
I wish you had the same passion for Extremist Muslims as this Pastor. Why don't you?
I do. I think it's heinous for ANY religion to behave the way that Pastor is. It upsets me a great deal when I hear of the things done to gays in some countries. But there isn't whole lot I can do about what goes on in those other countries. I will speak out against any Americans who endorse killing gays or making homosexuality illegal.