Anti-Islam "blasphemy" by French teenager

The Man

Former Staff
Jul 2011
Toronto
IMO, it's less that muslims in general follow that strongly, but those most extreme who make the calls, where more moderates follow along to avoid being called out and attacked for not being properly devout.
The most "devout" ones are typically the biggest hypocrites too lol

Mind you, I am talking about Russian Muslims, mainly Caucasus guys, here, those are ones I know best. No idea about Arabs or Pakistanis or such.

But, yeah, in Russia, probably the most extreme Muslim region is Dagestan

They got nutcases trying to ban women from swimming pools (though, a court struck that down, as you see later in the thread):

And some rural hicks over there apparently practice the FGM as well (the ONLY Muslim ethnic group in the country among whom you see this shit...)

Dagestanis love acting all pious lol

But, you should see em, the young guys, when they come out to Moscow (to fight in boxing or MMA leagues, mainly, professional combat sports being a common way out of poverty and unemployment back home for many from Caucasus...); they get lost in the night clubs, immediately, with the girls and the alcohol, faith be damned... lmao

:D They are STARVED for that shit, due to their conservative religious upbringing ;)

While in the home republic, they are under the influence of both their imams, as well as clan elders, who are very powerful, in all Caucasian societies. Over there, in Moscow (or St. Petersburg, etc), they are far away, and this influence falls off.

So, you are definitely right, about the harmful effect of the more extreme call makers...

Reactions: Logically Left

The Man

Former Staff
Jul 2011
Toronto
By what metric do you consider Islam to be the "largest" religion in the world?
To be fair, while there are more Christians than Muslims overall; Christianity is more fractured than Islam.

There are about 1.2 billion Catholics in the world (at least, there were in 2013):

There are also between 800 million to 1 billion Protestants:

There are also 260 million of my fellow Orthodox Christians of all various national branches out there:

On the other hand, Sunni Muslims alone number 1.46 billion:

Meaning, Sunni Islam is bigger than the Catholic Church, at least :)

Jan 2015
Great State of Texas
American right/fascists have real issues with accepting criticism of Xianity.
More Leftist LIES.

Normal thinking Americans understand how much the Left Hates Christianity.

Hatred and Intolerance are HALLMARKS of Leftism.

Thanks for once again proving this FACT !

Aug 2018
Vancouver
I agree, but sometimes free speech can become a public order issue, at least here.

With regards to our case, Mila was insulted by some Muslim men because of her pro-homosexual stance. She responded in kind and derided Islam. That's OK in my book
All incidents of people's rights conflicting must be resolved on a case by case basis, considering the variables of the specific case. And I agree, in this case it seems a no brainer. And good for her for sticking up for herself and others.

Other cases are not. Others are different, similar, the same or the exact opposite.

Reactions: The Man

Ian Jeffrey

Council Hall
Mar 2013
Vulcan, down the street from Darth Vader
More Leftist LIES.
It is you who is lying, not I.
Normal thinking Americans understand how much the Left Hates Christianity.
Normal thinking Americans understand how much right-wing Xianity hates anyone who is not a right-wing Xian - especially Muslims. You are demonstrating that in this thread.
Hatred and Intolerance are HALLMARKS of Leftism.
And yet it is the right that consistently demonstrates hateful and intolerant behaviors.
Thanks for once again proving this FACT !
I have proven nothing ... certainly not anything you wish to prove. If anything, you are proving that it is the Xian right-wing in America is just as bad as the Muslims you excoriate.