Anybody else getting deluged with political fund raising calls?

Mar 2010
Indiana
Although I don't pick up the phone thanks to Caller ID, I'm getting at least a half a dozen calls a day with CI's of St. Louis, San Francisco, Washington D.C. and on and on. Usually not an individual unless it's a spoof numbers with one of them being 000-000-000! I even had someone spoof my own number! Keep in mind this is a land line as I don't own a cell phone.

I don't answer my phone unless it's someone I know or they leave a message. My parents pick up their phone from time to time with the same calls, and they are political candidates begging for money including the president's party. My parents say the ones they've picked up were all republicans. This is Indiana so I assume they think we are all republicans?

What a shame politics has come down to begging for more and more money and pretending to be someone you're not to get someone to pick up the phone.

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
Although I don't pick up the phone thanks to Caller ID, I'm getting at least a half a dozen calls a day with CI's of St. Louis, San Francisco, Washington D.C. and on and on. Usually not an individual unless it's a spoof numbers with one of them being 000-000-000! I even had someone spoof my own number! Keep in mind this is a land line as I don't own a cell phone.

I don't answer my phone unless it's someone I know or they leave a message. My parents pick up their phone from time to time with the same calls, and they are political candidates begging for money including the president's party. My parents say the ones they've picked up were all republicans. This is Indiana so I assume they think we are all republicans?

What a shame politics has come down to begging for more and more money and pretending to be someone you're not to get someone to pick up the phone.
If you are a registered independent, I have read where you will get more calls and solicitations because both sides will come for you. During the 2016 election, we constantly had both Ds and Rs at our door and calling on the weekends.

Mar 2010
Indiana
If you are a registered independent, I have read where you will get more calls and solicitations because both sides will come for you. During the 2016 election, we constantly had both Ds and Rs at our door and calling on the weekends.
No such thing as a registered Independent in my state let alone republican or democrat. In the primary we have to declare republican or democrat. No one is registers as either though. I do tell others I vote "independently" as in I don't vote party but candidate, but I'm not actually of the independent party.

Mar 2010
Indiana
Nope. But then, I no longer have a land line. It just didn't make sense to keep paying the bill for a service that we never used.
I'm hearing folks are getting solicited on the cell phones too although not as much. Never get those?

I have a land line because I run two businesses out of my home. I don't have a cell phone because I draw the line on being called while I am away from the business. I don't want to be married to a cell phone.

Jun 2014
United States
I'm hearing folks are getting solicited on the cell phones too although not as much. Never get those?

I have a land line because I run two businesses out of my home. I don't have a cell phone because I draw the line on being called while I am away from the business. I don't want to be married to a cell phone.

I don't answer unknown numbers any longer, because of the scourge of telemarketing and downright illegal scam calls. AT&T has recently started blocking scam calls just as most email providers have implemented email spam filters, but only new customers have access to the service yet. Their existing customers are being folded into having access to the new service over the next few months.

Jun 2014
United States
No such thing as a registered Independent in my state let alone republican or democrat. In the primary we have to declare republican or democrat. No one is registers as either though. I do tell others I vote "independently" as in I don't vote party but candidate, but I'm not actually of the independent party.

I don't think there is an actual "Independent Party", is there? If there is, it's even more obscure than is the Constitution Party. Nobody registers their party affiliation in my state either. I think there are about 30 states that require party registration in order to vote in primary elections.

Mar 2010
Indiana
I don't think there is an actual "Independent Party", is there? .
Perhaps not. But I've seen candidates listed as an independent on a ballot. They don't have a snowball's chance in hell of winning any office here in Indiana though. And democrats have it pretty rough too. I don't think I saw a single democrat on the ballot in the midterms for the higher offices.

Jun 2014
United States
Perhaps not. But I've seen candidates listed as an independent on a ballot. They don't have a snowball's chance in hell of winning any office here in Indiana though. And democrats have it pretty rough too. I don't think I saw a single democrat on the ballot in the midterms for the higher offices.

Democrats typically don't invest very much into red states. I guess they figure the time and money is better spent elsewhere.