Anybody else love the LiMu Emu (and Doug!)

BDBoop

Former Staff
Dec 2010
Twitter
My current favorite.

"Wake me up if you see anything." I think Doug needs to be more specific, just sayin.

Reactions: DairyHeiress
May 2019
A Van Down by the River...
I also like the one with the car rental (not LimuEmu)....

Maybe b/c the spokesmodel reminds me of @revhellhound.

May 2019
A Van Down by the River...
That's an old one they're recycling. I just have a crush on that actor. :D
He was on the Daily Show back in the day, right? And yes, I have a wee crush too. We do so go for the flamboyantly jerky ones....'eh?

Sep 2012
SoCal
Lord, I love those commercials. I watch Every Time, no matter how many times I've seen them.

I absolutely hate those ads. I had a boss who raised emus, and they are very dangerous. He got his arm carved up by a chick. The way they film those ads is giving people the wrong idea about the bird. They do not film the emu near enuf to reach actual humans, and it is always restrained and controlled by a trainer who is well protected by heavy clothing.

Reactions: bajisima

BDBoop

Former Staff
Dec 2010
Twitter
I absolutely hate those ads. I had a boss who raised emus, and they are very dangerous. He got his arm carved up by a chick. The way they film those ads is giving people the wrong idea about the bird. They do not film the emu near enuf to reach actual humans, and it is always restrained and controlled by a trainer who is well protected by heavy clothing.
Further, it's mostly CGI. And 99.989% of the time? Nobody ever encounters a fucking emu.

Reactions: DairyHeiress