Anyone else watching 'Good Omens' on Amazon Prime?

raj

Oct 2018
Somewhere they can't find me.
This is the show that evangelicals petitioned Netflix to drop, I believe. :D

It's so well done and absolutely hysterical.

(And co-written by Neil Gaiman, who is always brilliant.)

Jun 2014
United States
Yes, I've watched some of it. The storyline is somewhat similar to that of the Lucifer series.

Feb 2010
Sunny Bournemouth, Dorset
The book was Terry Pratchett (RIP) and Neil Gaiman. 1990 The book was hysterical, I haven't seen the series but the cast should be stellar.

Reactions: raj

raj

Oct 2018
Yes, I've watched some of it. The storyline is somewhat similar to that of the Lucifer series.

I suppose the depiction of Crowley is sort of similar, but he's less of a stud and a much better actor, IMO.

Overall, though, I think the premise of the show is far more clever than Lucifer. I don't know how much of it you've watched...I'm only in the middle of it myself...but give Episode 3 (Hard Times) a try, at least up to the intro. Some of that had me laughing out loud.

Feb 2015
sadness

i saw the adds for this one and have kept it mind. How is it?

raj

Oct 2018
i saw the adds for this one and have kept it mind. How is it?

I'm really enjoying it. Turns out that a light-hearted sendup of the Apocalypse was exactly what I needed to take my mind off of politics for a while. :D

But seriously, if you like British humor, I think you'll love it.

Reactions: DerpStateSally
Jun 2019
A red welfare state

I think I started to watch that last week and stopped 15 minutes in. I've got 4 dogs and they are all TV watchers. I have to watch animal free movies, otherwise the dogs get to barking and I can't hear the TV. I think I'll send them to the other room to watch TV so I can try this one out. Lol

Reactions: raj

raj

Oct 2018
I think I started to watch that last week and stopped 15 minutes in. I've got 4 dogs and they are all TV watchers. I have to watch animal free movies, otherwise the dogs get to barking and I can't hear the TV. I think I'll send them to the other room to watch TV so I can try this one out. Lol

:D My dog does that when I use the hands-free on my cell phone. And there is a bit of barking in the later episodes, so be forewarned.

I just finished watching it. I never thought I'd be in debt to a bunch of religious fanatics for anything, but this was wonderful. I don't think I'm giving anything away when I say that all the actors were absolutely terrific...but Michael McKean was mind-blowingly great.

Reactions: DerpStateSally
Jun 2019
A red welfare state
:D My dog does that when I use the hands-free on my cell phone. And there is a bit of barking in the later episodes, so be forewarned.

I just finished watching it. I never thought I'd be in debt to a bunch of religious fanatics for anything, but this was wonderful. I don't think I'm giving anything away when I say that all the actors were absolutely terrific...but Michael McKean was mind-blowingly great.

Okay, it's a done deal. I like Michael McKean. I'll give it a try. I may have to turn up the volume and put up with the dogs. They don't seem interested in watching TV without me.

raj

Oct 2018
Okay, it's a done deal. I like Michael McKean. I'll give it a try. I may have to turn up the volume and put up with the dogs. They don't seem interested in watching TV without me.

Definitely worth it, IMO.

How about earbuds or a pair of headphones?

The book was Terry Pratchett (RIP) and Neil Gaiman. 1990 The book was hysterical, I haven't seen the series but the cast should be stellar.

I don't know I missed that one, but I need to read it now.

The acting was spectacular, btw.

Last edited: