Anyone else watching West World?

Jul 2013
Nashville, TN
Every episode answers a question and brings up half a dozen more. Is Hopkins trying to be God and evolve his creations? Or is there a third party trying to sabotage the park? And what is with Ed Harris character, psychopath, or does he know something we don't?

Oct 2015
ohio
Every episode answers a question and brings up half a dozen more. Is Hopkins trying to be God and evolve his creations? Or is there a third party trying to sabotage the park? And what is with Ed Harris character, psychopath, or does he know something we don't?
I've only seen the first episode. I plan on watching the next two after the debate. It has a 9.2 rating on IMDB right now. That's the highest rating I've seen for a show, maybe Game of Thrones.

I love the idea of Anthony Hopkins in a show. He didn't even have a lot of scenes in the first episode and he completely stole the show for me. I think Hopkins knows he's walking a thin line, playing God with his creations. He seemed like he wants to push the limit as to how sentient he can make the robots without them turning on him. If they were self-aware and knew that they were essentially slaves to rich people's nihilism, that's exactly what they would do. Revolt.

Gaffer, am I right in predicting that Dolores will continue to become more and more aware of what she is? It'll be interesting to see that evolution.

Jul 2013
Nashville, TN
I've only seen the first episode. I plan on watching the next two after the debate. It has a 9.2 rating on IMDB right now. That's the highest rating I've seen for a show, maybe Game of Thrones.

I love the idea of Anthony Hopkins in a show. He didn't even have a lot of scenes in the first episode and he completely stole the show for me. I think Hopkins knows he's walking a thin line, playing God with his creations. He seemed like he wants to push the limit as to how sentient he can make the robots without them turning on him. If they were self-aware and knew that they were essentially slaves to rich people's nihilism, that's exactly what they would do. Revolt.

Gaffer, am I right in predicting that Dolores will continue to become more and more aware of what she is? It'll be interesting to see that evolution.
Yes, but she is being worked with by Hopkins assistant, and I do not think Hopkins knows that.

Jul 2013
Nashville, TN
These episodes are only one hour but they seem much longer than that, they convey so much data, a very dense script. There is no time to get a drink of water or go take a leak, you will miss something vital.

Rorschach

Former Staff
Aug 2012
america
Yea, I figured out, in the first episode, that he is either a Human, or, an android, with most of his protocols disabled. (Thus far, I have only seen him "kill" androids, which seemed to not be able to shoot him.....)