Anyone watching the live HOR hearings on the Mueller report?

Feb 2018
Texas
Good article: Constitutional Oversight? Or Unconstitutional Overreach? | RealClearPolitics

The theory of oversight responsibility in entirely the creation of the judicial branch and is not found anywhere within the four corners of the Constitution. Article I, Section 8, of the Constitution spells out the affirmative powers of Congress, mostly in rather restrictive, finite terms. Congress can borrow money. Congress can establish Post Offices. Congress can punish piracy. Congress can declare war. That sort of stuff. Nothing remotely close to oversight.

That’s because oversight is a so-called “implied” power — not to be confused with an “imaginary” power. It derives, we are told, from the “necessary and proper” clause included at the end of Article I, Section 8. That is also called the “elastic clause” because it has been stretched every which way to expand the power of Congress beyond recognition.

Jan 2019
southeast
Good article: Constitutional Oversight? Or Unconstitutional Overreach? | RealClearPolitics

The theory of oversight responsibility in entirely the creation of the judicial branch and is not found anywhere within the four corners of the Constitution. Article I, Section 8, of the Constitution spells out the affirmative powers of Congress, mostly in rather restrictive, finite terms. Congress can borrow money. Congress can establish Post Offices. Congress can punish piracy. Congress can declare war. That sort of stuff. Nothing remotely close to oversight.

That’s because oversight is a so-called “implied” power — not to be confused with an “imaginary” power. It derives, we are told, from the “necessary and proper” clause included at the end of Article I, Section 8. That is also called the “elastic clause” because it has been stretched every which way to expand the power of Congress beyond recognition.
Overreach is the only way to describe Nadler and his crew. Great article!

Oct 2018
Somewhere they can't find me.
I agree. It shows how desperate Nadler is to continue with the witch hunt. Who on earth would believe a convicted felon who has lied in the past to save his own skin?

LOL!

People will be saying that about your boy in a few years....assuming he survives prison, that is.

Last edited:
Jan 2019
southeast
This witness right now just made the most absurd statement. She was talking about an underlying crime and she said that Trump at the time did not know for sure there was an underlying crime so therefore, he obstructed. Are you kidding me? This whole thing is a farce by the democrats.

Nov 2015
UK
LOL......We still have not seen the unwhitewashed Mueller report!
We didn't let Nixon whitewash the tapes...so why in the world we allow this criminal president to pick and choose what he wants to hide from us??

We need the full unredacted Mueller report and all background material including the easily acquired grand jury testimony which only takes a request from the DOJ to a federal judge.

The GOP is helping Putin at every turn.
Yes, everyone needs the declassified information to the Mueller report. Just busy reading up. The omissions and who Mueller used is quiet eye opening. No wonder Mueller, if subpoenaed is not gonna say any more than the report!! We know why.

And you trust Mueller, one of the key guys in convincing Bush that Iraq had WMD. He couldn't get that right either !!!

Nov 2015
UK
Much of the Mueller report is just being hidden from the voters and congress. It is not classified.
I hit post reply before finishing. I'm not on about declassifying the report, I'm on about declassifying everything that produced the report. For example, he used Crowdstrike and who he handpicked.