AOC and her new accent

Sep 2017
California

The cringe is real. Why do Democrats do this? Why when they speak to a black audience do they suddenly start talking like they're the children of southern sharecroppers. "Ain't no ways tired!" "Gonna put y'all back in chains".

Yes, because women from the Bronx always speak in a Southern drawl when they get excited.
Do you remember when George W. Bush suddenly acquired a Southern accent when he decided to run for Governor of Texas? Before that he had no accent at all. :think:

Sep 2017
California
Can you link to examples of before and after?
No. But, I can give you things to Google. First, look up "George W. Bush with Lee Atwater". That should bring up a video of when Dubya was young and helping his Dad campaign. He had NO accent at that time.
Then, look up, " George W. Bush wins election agaist Ann Richards". Here he will have a pronounced Southern accent. Strange huh?:smirk:

Last edited:
Jul 2011
NYC/Москва
No. But, I can give you things to Google. First, look up "George W. Bush with Lee Atwater". That should bring up a video of when Dubya was young and helping his Dad campaign. He had NO accent at that time.
Then, look up, " George W. Bush beats Ann Richards". Here he will have a pronounced Southern accent. Strange huh?:smirk:

No thanks. The onus is on the presenter of a position to back it up with evidence. I accept your concession.

Jan 2015
Great State of Texas
Why is he the only one in his family with a Texas accent? Did he aquire his accent to help his political career?
Yes, I believe so.
Right......

It had absolutely nothing to do with him growing up in Texas.

I mean rarely do people who grow up in Texas have a Texas accent. :rolleyes:

Sep 2017
California
Right......

It had absolutely nothing to do with him growing up in Texas.

I mean rarely do people who grow up in Texas have a Texas accent. :rolleyes:
So, why don't any of his siblings have a Texas accent? They were all raised together weren't they? And why did his accent only come out after he was older and not when he was in his 20s and 30s?