AOC - Derangement Syndrome.

Jul 2014
midwest
what the fuck is a "black accent"? You're stereotyping African American's and that bs isn't going to fly. The sad part is you don't appear to understand how offensive you're being.
Just google the phrase "Hillary using fake black accent" or fake "southern accent" and you can take your pick.

I have seen the clip a few times, and most on here probably have.

Probably even you.

It's on HuffPost and plenty of others for your viewing pleasure.

johnflesh

Former Staff
Feb 2007
Colorado
Well, some here are suggesting that there is really is a "thing" called TDS.

If you are going to go by that metric, then "AOC" is a "thing".

I don't get it myself. She is one congressperson. Yet people here want to make her out to be the end all.
She says stupid stuff and people laugh at her a lot. Somehow that's turned into a syndrome.

I don't agree. At all. One tiny bit.

Jul 2014
midwest
Well, some here are suggesting that there is really is a "thing" called TDS.

If you are going to go by that metric, then "AOC" is a "thing".

I don't get it myself. She is one congressperson. Yet people here want to make her out to be the end all.
But she's more fun than any other ten Congresspersons.

She's a blast, and now she's added a fake accent to her act.

It's GREAT!

Last edited:

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more
Just google the phrase "Hillary using fake black accent" or fake "southern accent" and you can take your pick.

I have seen the clip a few times, and most on here probably have.

Probably even you.

It's on HuffPost and plenty of others for your viewing pleasure.
google stereotypes.

HayJenn

Jul 2014
CA
She says stupid stuff and people laugh at her a lot. Somehow that's turned into a syndrome.

I don't agree. At all. One tiny bit.
Yeah, funny how people here only post negative stories here about her - yet ignore all the work she has actually done, even if you disagree with her policy stances, including myself.

But I have seen her grill people during Congressional Hearings and in that area, she is pretty damn good.

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more
AOC derangement syndrome: Trump rally crowds can’t help themselves
AOC Derangement Syndrome | Class Warfare Blog

https://stephenpruis.wordpress.com/2019/04/05/aoc-derangement-syndrome/

1 day ago - Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, or AOC as she is referred to, is a new member of the House of Representatives. Since she stands for all things ...
Political Cartoon U.S. AOC Trump Derangement Syndrome - The Week

https://theweek.com/articles/.../political-cartoon-aoc-trump-derangement-syndrome

Mar 5, 2019 - Official site of The Week Magazine, offering commentary and analysis of the day's breaking news and current events as well as arts, ...

just sayin.

Mar 2019
California
Exhibit "A":AOC mocked for ‘accent’ at Sharpton event; compared to Hillary Clinton
Exhibit "B"..Ocasio-Cortez on Fox News coverage: 'Why are so many grown men' obsessed with me
Exhibit "C"..Fox News’ Self-Fulfilling Propaganda on Ocasio-Cortez

Other examples are on social media and right here on PH.
I fully expect someday to see here being criticized because she sneezed.
Nope. I want her to keep on yappin'. The more she talks,the EASIER it will be for our Great and Just President to get 4 more years. First we had "Beavis and Butt-Head do America. Now we have "AOC does Congress. Want to bet Crowley gets his seat back in 2020?

Oct 2011
Washington State
Well, I guess they have to pick on someone.

I'm pretty sure AOC knows that Wind Mills don't cause cancer, she can say the word "origin", and knows how to spell "hamburger." Trump comes off his Campaign Rallies feeling confident because that's where he's the smartest guy in the room. Then he make's threats concerning the boarder and Obamacare then has to backtrack. Who can take him seriously anymore? His words mean nothing.