AOC - Derangement Syndrome.

Jan 2019
southeast
Got to admit her "new" accent is VERY entertaining.

Reminds me of when Hillary used her fake southern black accent a few years back!

What was it she said?

"I ain't noways tarred" or something like that?
I like you find her very entertaining. You just shake your head with the stuff that comes out of her mouth. She probably was a damn good bartender, though. Making conversations with drunks isn't easy and she does have that gift.

Mar 2019
California
I like you find her very entertaining. You just shake your head with the stuff that comes out of her mouth. She probably was a damn good bartender, though. Making conversations with drunks isn't easy and she does have that gift.
I am just waiting for her to say "Grote to the MAX. Barf out! " It would be in character.

Jul 2014
midwest
Maybe she's used to talking to drunks, and that's why she talks like that now.

Whatever the reason, I enjoy it!

Wonder if she used her fake accent on her "customers" at the bar?

Mar 2019
California
Maybe she's used to talking to drunks, and that's why she talks like that now.

Whatever the reason, I enjoy it!

Wonder if she used her fake accent on her "customers" at the bar?
She is certainly talkin' to the birdies.

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more
Nope. I want her to keep on yappin'. The more she talks,the EASIER it will be for our Great and Just President to get 4 more years. First we had "Beavis and Butt-Head do America. Now we have "AOC does Congress. Want to bet Crowley gets his seat back in 2020?
"Great and Just President"? What? Is the Wizard of OZ now? Try are they might the Republican's aren't going to be able to make AOC a campaign issue in the general election. There are too many candidates running on the Democrat side. And they're already pushing back on the so-called "Progressive" faction of the party , like Sanders and AOC. The aim is clear. You all hope that if you focus on AOC you'll created division among Democrats. The idea of having a diverse party is alien to the GOP. Because, it's too busy scapegoating non-white voters.

Oct 2014
C-A-N-A-D-A-Eh
Exhibit "A":AOC mocked for ‘accent’ at Sharpton event; compared to Hillary Clinton
Exhibit "B"..Ocasio-Cortez on Fox News coverage: 'Why are so many grown men' obsessed with me
Exhibit "C"..Fox News’ Self-Fulfilling Propaganda on Ocasio-Cortez

Other examples are on social media and right here on PH.
I fully expect someday to see here being criticized because she sneezed.
Especially from you, who once chewed me out for using the term 'boy' in the context of 'the boy who cried wolf' because regardless of context was a racial term, this is complete hypocrisy for you to not be offended by A.

More generally, people aren't obsessed with her beyond that she is very memeable and says a lot of very poorly thought out or thoroughly debunk able ideas that she is a gift that keeps on giving.

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more
Especially from you, who once chewed me out for using the term 'boy' in the context of 'the boy who cried wolf' because regardless of context was a racial term, this is complete hypocrisy for you to not be offended by A.

More generally, people aren't obsessed with her beyond that she is very memeable and says a lot of very poorly thought out or thoroughly debunk able ideas that she is a gift that keeps on giving.
Who were you calling a "boy"?