AOC: Pelosi Targeting Elected Women of Color

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
Denigrating the opposition regardless of consequences.

Sound familiar?
Yup right out of Trumps playbook too. But just like Trump, one cant expect AOC to suddenly change. If she was cheered on when she did that in a primary she certainly wont understand why she cant continue to do so. Just like Trump, if you are successful behaving that way why change?

Reactions: EnigmaO01 and Jets
Jun 2014
Cleveland, Ohio
That works for a short term boost. But people get sick of it. AOC might have a million clapping seal fans Yas Queen-ing her on Twitter. But Twitter isn't real life. And she's going to have to worry about reelection. Especially after chasing 25,000 jobs away from her own district.
Wouldn't it be wasteful to elect a woman with outspoken views and then muzzle her once in office for fear she will offend someone?

And how did AOC kill 25,000 jobs in her district?

Oct 2013
USA
Will be interesting to see the upcoming defense bill in the House and how they vote. I dont really think this will stop the war though. Pelosi has warned them before and literally the next day they were back on Twitter. I really think the "squad" wants this. I still think they have some sort of connection with Sanders and how they intend for their to be a divide.
Well if you think about it in terms of actual political power versus twitter you do have to pay close attention to whether they are removed from positions and not selected to power positions in the House. Bernie spent 20 years doing nothing in Congress because he had no power. Now they have lost theirs. I fully expect the 4 to twitter away just as Trump does but I doubt that has much meaning where political power in the House is concerned. I think Kamala and Warren have passed Biden up in some polling weeks. They are close either way. The 4 don't seem to be helping Bernie very much. You could be right however.

I suspect it would be more meaningful if the majority of voters actually thought like they do but as seen by the mid-term election results, it is unlikely on a national level. They will however be used by republicans and Trump leading up to 2020. Ah the fun of politics! ;)

Reactions: Jets and bajisima

Macduff

Apr 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
Wouldn't it be wasteful to elect a woman with outspoken views and then muzzle her once in office for fear she will offend someone?

And how did AOC kill 25,000 jobs in her district?
It's not that she's outspoken, she's not intelligent.
By killing the Amazon deal that everyone else wanted. An example of her non-intelligence is that after the deal fell through, she thought the tax credits that were offered to Amazon could be spent on something else.

Reactions: Jets
Mar 2012
New Hampshire
That works for a short term boost. But people get sick of it. AOC might have a million clapping seal fans Yas Queen-ing her on Twitter. But Twitter isn't real life. And she's going to have to worry about reelection. Especially after chasing 25,000 jobs away from her own district.
True but if you can attract a lot of loyal followers who will go off the cliff with you, its better than a potential opposition who will face an uphill climb of the onslaught of Twitter. I followed Pressley in MA and her entire campaign was "I should win because my constituency are people of color." It worked there was a cohesiveness there that nobody could get through.

Jun 2014
Cleveland, Ohio
It's not that she's outspoken, she's not intelligent.
By killing the Amazon deal that everyone else wanted. An example of her non-intelligence is that after the deal fell through, she thought the tax credits that were offered to Amazon could be spent on something else.
Meh. Not sure she's wrong.

Cleveland competed for the headquarters site as well, and despite lawsuits, our offer is still sealed. Certainly seems as if my city fathers gave away everything to try to lure that company here.

The Secret Amazon Bid Dramatizes a Huge Cultural Problem in Cleveland. The Media Can Do Something About It