AOC Wants to Make it Easier to Study Magic Mushrooms, Other Psychedelic Drugs

Jul 2013
On a happy trail
Dude ...

Stop assuming you are capable of understanding my comments.
Why are you lying about Schedule 1's John? The list is completely arbitrary and subject to revision. Plus they are all pharmaceuticals because they are standardized and formulated. But they require a greater control when being prescribed and dispensed.

Last edited:
Jan 2015
Great State of Texas
Why are you lying about Schedule 1's John? The list is completely arbitrary and subject to revision. Plus they are all pharmaceuticals because they are standardized and formulated. But they require a greater control when being prescribed and dispensed.
I'm not lying about anything.

I posted the definition of Scheduled 1's.

I didn't say I agreed with it.

I think Marijuana is still considered Scheduled 1 and most everyone at this point knows there are medicinal purposes.

But, if the Government is going to fund research for Scheduled 1's, you can bet they are going to use their definition.

Jun 2014
Cleveland, Ohio
LOL. .....

I don't find that to be relevant.
As part of Trump's overarching hostility to science, he recently banned research based on stem cells.

Yet the enormous potential for alleviating human suffering is undeniable, as it is with psychodelics.

Not sure why you feel so distracted by.....what? 1960's fears of recreational drug use? As to oppose these potential, extremely promising lines of research.

Jul 2011
Old NYC/DMS
Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y., filed legislation on Friday to make it easier for researchers to study the therapeutic and medical benefits of certain psychedelic drugs such as magic mushrooms amid a growing national shift in attitudes toward the substances.

In an amendment to a large-scale appropriations bill, Ocasio-Cortez wants to end the rider that prohibits federal money being spent on "any activity that promotes the legalization of any drug or other substance in Schedule I" of the Controlled Substances Act.

"Academics and scientists report that provisions like this create [stigma] and insurmountable logistical hurdles to researching Schedule I drugs," her summary states.

Ocasio-Cortez wants to make it easier to study magic mushrooms, other psychedelic drugs

What could go wrong here?

Magic Mushrooms seem to have done wonders for AOC.

There is a movement of "microdosing" of magic mushrooms for everything from cognitive enhancement to treat PTSD. I know several veterans who swear by it.

The Push to Legalize Magic Mushrooms for Depression and PTSD

This is the second thing I agree with that idiot on.

Sep 2007
N48 51.489 E2 17.67119
Personal Insult
Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y., filed legislation on Friday to make it easier for researchers to study the therapeutic and medical benefits of certain psychedelic drugs such as magic mushrooms amid a growing national shift in attitudes toward the substances.

In an amendment to a large-scale appropriations bill, Ocasio-Cortez wants to end the rider that prohibits federal money being spent on "any activity that promotes the legalization of any drug or other substance in Schedule I" of the Controlled Substances Act.

"Academics and scientists report that provisions like this create [stigma] and insurmountable logistical hurdles to researching Schedule I drugs," her summary states.

Ocasio-Cortez wants to make it easier to study magic mushrooms, other psychedelic drugs

What could go wrong here?

Magic Mushrooms seem to have done wonders for AOC.
They seem to be working for you and your paranoid fantasies.