APA: 'Traditional Masculinity' Is Harmful to Boys, Men

Sep 2017
Massachusetts
What's a "Decent amount:"? percentage wise?
For an after-tax income of $250,000? Well, I think the federal income tax structure should look a bit like it did in 1964. Using those brackets, you'd need to earn about $387,000 before taxes, to have $250,000 after federal income taxes. However, once you count payroll tax and, let's say, 5% state income tax, you'd need to earn about $540,000 pre-tax to have $250,000 after taxes. That seems like a decent amount. I might not go that steep -- maybe more like just $500,000.

Jul 2011
NYC
For an after-tax income of $250,000? Well, I think the federal income tax structure should look a bit like it did in 1964. Using those brackets, you'd need to earn about $387,000 before taxes, to have $250,000 after federal income taxes. However, once you count payroll tax and, let's say, 5% state income tax, you'd need to earn about $540,000 pre-tax to have $250,000 after taxes. That seems like a decent amount. I might not go that steep -- maybe more like just $500,000.

So you want a rate of over 50% to the people who provide the jobs.

Sep 2017
Massachusetts
So you want a rate of over 50% to the people who provide the jobs.
Yes, in many cases rates over 50%, for those whose income is based on owning legal title to the fruits of other people's labor, by way of owning the means of production, sounds reasonable to me. And we know that can work out just fine, since I literally got that number by plugging the figures into an inflation-adjusted version of the 1964 tax brackets. That was more or less what things looked like from the start of the new deal through 1980, and it was a period with strong average GDP growth and prosperity advancement. And it was a period that didn't lack for large fortunes.... it's just people did more for the society as a whole en route to amassing their fortunes.

Sep 2017
Massachusetts
You were doing so well before you decided to go so personal, I was enjoying your more civil tone... ah well all things must come to pass.
You seem strangely touchy about this subject. If you're telling the truth, why does a little skepticism disturb you so?

For someone who claims to be within 5 IQ points of Einstien you post some of the dumbest shit, guy.
I've never made any claim about what Einstein's IQ was. I simply posted my test results.[/QUOTE]

StanStill

Former Staff
Dec 2013
Work
As a side note, is this just hypothetical, or are you claiming you have built a business with 100 employees and 38 million in sales? I ask, because there seems to be a truly astounding share of conservatives on boards like this who claim (with the benefit of anonymity) to be wealthy entrepreneurs. In fact, as far as I can tell, nearly every conservative on a chat board is either a wealthy entrepreneur or a decorated combat veteran. Funny, that.
Until the brouhaha about Elizabeth Warren started, an astounding percentage (probably close to 95% in my experience) also claimed to be "part Cherokee".

Jan 2016
Colorado
You can come take a tour of my company anytime you are in NYC. I'd be happy to shove my DD214 in your face as well. You were doing so well before you decided to go so personal, I was enjoying your more civil tone... ah well all things must come to pass.

For someone who claims to be within 5 IQ points of Einstien you post some of the dumbest shit, guy.

(guy claims to have a 155 iq, then chastises me for answering questions about who I am and what I do or have done).
Einstien, huh? Would that be Alfred Einstien, maybe??

LeRoy is giggling.....