APA: 'Traditional Masculinity' Is Harmful to Boys, Men

The Man

Former Staff
Jul 2011
Toronto
You sure as HELL did, you jerk. You said I posted about jerking off to nude photos of the First Lady. That's a LIE. I posted about COLLEGE BOYS jerking off to nude photos of the First Lady.

Why don't you go jerk off yourself, jerk?
Shit, both of you can jerk off to whomever you like, man lol

Nobody is gonna judge you. Not me, certainly. Canada mellowed me totally out lmao

StanStill

Former Staff
Dec 2013
Work
That's asinine. historically conservative valued work ethic as a matter of core values far more than liberals who valued collectivist equality over effort. From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.
Funny thing about that phrase...

Back in 1987 (I know, ancient times) a survey was done to test people's knowledge of the Constitution because it was the 200th anniversary.

The poll of 1,004 Americans found that only a bare majority knew the purpose of the 200-year-old document was to create a federal government and define its powers; that 59 percent were unaware that the Bill of Rights is the first 10 amendments to the Constitution; and that nearly half believed the Constitution contains the Marxist declaration, "From each according to his ability, to each according to his need."​

Of course it's easy to chock it up to people being uneducated, but when you stop and think about it, there's more. People hear that phrase and they think "Sounds like a very wise maxim of justice. Must be in the Constitution". Pretty much the same survey was done later which at the moment I can't find it online, but in the second version three choices were given: the Constitution, the Bible, and the Communist Manifesto, and the communist manifesto came in last. Because people have been well trained to recoil at the mention of the word "communist" but when they hear the phrase, it just naturally sounds like a principle of justice to people. They have to be trained to believe that it sounds unfair, which is what education in this country is partially for. To beat the natural impulses people have about what is fair and what isn't out of their heads and train them to believe that the way things are is the way they are meant to be.

Jul 2011
NYC/Москва
Yes, in many cases rates over 50%, for those whose income is based on owning legal title to the fruits of other people's labor, by way of owning the means of production, sounds reasonable to me. And we know that can work out just fine, since I literally got that number by plugging the figures into an inflation-adjusted version of the 1964 tax brackets. That was more or less what things looked like from the start of the new deal through 1980, and it was a period with strong average GDP growth and prosperity advancement. And it was a period that didn't lack for large fortunes.... it's just people did more for the society as a whole en route to amassing their fortunes.

Why would I work that hard, employ all those people if you are going to take most of my money for doing so?

Jul 2011
NYC/Москва
You seem strangely touchy about this subject. If you're telling the truth, why does a little skepticism disturb you so?

You accused me of being a liar, you then tried to insinuate that conservatives lie about such things, that I was a conservative, and therefore lying.

I've never made any claim about what Einstein's IQ was. I simply posted my test results.

No dumb dumb, you claimed to have a 155 iq. you are full of it. I noted EInstiens was 160, you sir, are no einstien.

Please post something official showing your lofty iq

Jul 2011
NYC/Москва
Funny thing about that phrase...

Back in 1987 (I know, ancient times) a survey was done to test people's knowledge of the Constitution because it was the 200th anniversary.

The poll of 1,004 Americans found that only a bare majority knew the purpose of the 200-year-old document was to create a federal government and define its powers; that 59 percent were unaware that the Bill of Rights is the first 10 amendments to the Constitution; and that nearly half believed the Constitution contains the Marxist declaration, "From each according to his ability, to each according to his need."​

Of course it's easy to chock it up to people being uneducated, but when you stop and think about it, there's more. People hear that phrase and they think "Sounds like a very wise maxim of justice. Must be in the Constitution". Pretty much the same survey was done later which at the moment I can't find it online, but in the second version three choices were given: the Constitution, the Bible, and the Communist Manifesto, and the communist manifesto came in last. Because people have been well trained to recoil at the mention of the word "communist" but when they hear the phrase, it just naturally sounds like a principle of justice to people. They have to be trained to believe that it sounds unfair, which is what education in this country is partially for. To beat the natural impulses people have about what is fair and what isn't out of their heads and train them to believe that the way things are is the way they are meant to be.

I remember that. A lot of those surveys though I think are stacked for entertainments sake.

StanStill

Former Staff
Dec 2013
Work
I remember that. A lot of those surveys though I think are stacked for entertainments sake.
If by stacked you mean they ask questions to see how many people will get them wrong in comical ways, sure. I don't have any reason to think they manipulate the results, though.