Appeals court rules Ohio can defund Planned Parenthood

Oct 2014
C-A-N-A-D-A-Eh
Just wow.

Only 3% of what PP does is in conjunction with abortions. But of course, you felt the need to play the race card.

Are you implying that black women who get abortions are stupid?
You know how that works? 1 abortion involves several non-abortion procedures. So, even if 100% of their business was abortion, they would still be able to make the lower claim.

Why would you project such racism onto me? I was merely pointing out that the majority of abortions are minorities, and that's probably why they get so staunchly defended.

Oct 2014
C-A-N-A-D-A-Eh
More PP fuzzy math and you believe it. You must be really gullible to believe those lies of the Democrats and PP. PP is also a laundry operation of tax funds to give democrats tax funds back for their election campaigns
Good question, would you think it was fair if republicans started a tax funded guns for kids program (or something else you would find vile)...

Don't worry, only 3% goes to guns (the rest goes to bullets, targets, earplugs, etc).

Then, let's say this guns for kids program used some of your tax money to donate to the republican politicians who would then vote to take more of your tax money to that program?

What would be your stance on that hypothetical, @HayJenn ?

HayJenn

Jul 2014
CA
You know how that works? 1 abortion involves several non-abortion procedures. So, even if 100% of their business was abortion, they would still be able to make the lower claim.

Why would you project such racism onto me? I was merely pointing out that the majority of abortions are minorities, and that's probably why they get so staunchly defended.
Wow, so you don't even know how abortion works.

smh.

HCProf

Sep 2014
USA
So stupid.

All the money PP gets from the feds goes to things like low cost bc, breast exams, etc.

NO federal money pays for abortions

And rural clinics and hospitals are closing in Ohio. PP is sometimes is the only thing that low-income people can access

Forty-one percent of all rural hospitals in the nation, including 13 Ohio facilities, operate at a loss. Expensive services like obstetrics are among the first to be cut. Already, some women in Ohio must drive more than 100 miles to deliver their babies.

Rural hospitals teeter on edge of closing, cutting services in post-healthcare reform world
There are 27 PP centers in Ohio total. We have 3 in the Cleveland area...about 20 miles or so from each other. Rural hospitals are closing because of reimbursement in the post healthcare reform world. Ohio has also expanded Medicaid eligibility...so low income patients have other options. 27 facilities require more funding when maybe those funds could be shifted to the safety net or rural hospitals to keep their doors open and serve a wider range of patients.

Health Centers - Ohio - Planned Parenthood

HayJenn

Jul 2014
CA
There are 27 PP centers in Ohio total. We have 3 in the Cleveland area...about 20 miles or so from each other. Rural hospitals are closing because of reimbursement in the post healthcare reform world. Ohio has also expanded Medicaid eligibility...so low income patients have other options. 27 facilities require more funding when maybe those funds could be shifted to the safety net or rural hospitals to keep their doors open and serve a wider range of patients.

Health Centers - Ohio - Planned Parenthood
I doubt the rural hospitals will open again. The same thing happened in CA.

HCProf

Sep 2014
USA
I doubt the rural hospitals will open again. The same thing happened in CA.
Cleveland is pretty top heavy with hospitals. We have closed and consolidated a few of them. Population is a determining factor for keeping a hospital open as well. You can't stay open if your beds are not being utilized. It takes funding to keep rural hospitals open and funding needs to be allocated where it serves the most patients.

HayJenn

Jul 2014
CA
Cleveland is pretty top heavy with hospitals. We have closed and consolidated a few of them. Population is a determining factor for keeping a hospital open as well. You can't stay open if your beds are not being utilized. It takes funding to keep rural hospitals open and funding needs to be allocated where it serves the most patients.
The very same thing that is happening in CA. My daughter did a long term temp job at a local hospital. It closed about a year after she left.

Oct 2014
C-A-N-A-D-A-Eh
Yeah, that one had me mystified.
Except it wasn't the question, or a comment relevant to anything but some delusions.

The point was strictly, 1 abortion = several different procedures. So, even doing an abortion is only 1 out of X procedures involved, which is different for each case.

That's how they can claim, because if a woman goes through 10 procedures involved in getting the abortion (scans, consultations, whatever) then the abortion was only 10% of the services offered.