Arab Spring Inspires American Fall?

jackalope

Former Staff
Jan 2010
Maine
Wall Street protest triggers multiple "occupations" throughout nation...

On the implication of my thread title, I don't really think so. But as long as the protests remain peaceful, this can only be a good thing.

You know, I think it might have. The waves of protests all over the world have been in the news constantly. Even before the Arab Spring, with the Green Revolution in Iran. Yes, I think it might have. Or, maybe the same social networking tools that helped mobilize people there in the Arab World, and Europe, and South America, is also having a similar effect here .... Maybe some of both.

Jan 2011
east coast
You know, I think it might have. The waves of protests all over the world have been in the news constantly. Even before the Arab Spring, with the Green Revolution in Iran. Yes, I think it might have. Or, maybe the same social networking tools that helped mobilize people there in the Arab World, and Europe, and South America, is also having a similar effect here .... Maybe some of both.
Love a good protest. Peaceful, of course. Looking forward to more across our great nation. The people need to get out on the streets and speak, our voting doesn't seem to do the job anymore, so let's get to what will work. Protest till we get results.

johnflesh

Former Staff
Feb 2007
Weirdo
Love a good protest. Peaceful, of course. Looking forward to more across our great nation. The people need to get out on the streets and speak, our voting doesn't seem to do the job anymore, so let's get to what will work. Protest till we get results.
I agree and hope you are right beatle.

Rasselas

Feb 2010
USA
The biggest test for these protests will be winter. If they can keep this up over the winter and into spring, it's a big thing. If not.....

The Wisconsin protests were remarkable in part because of when they happened. And they predated the Arab Spring.

michaelr

Former Staff
Dec 2006
FEMA Region 10
The Arab spring ended poorly. Egypt is under military dictatorship, and i don't care what you people say, Libya is under AQ control. In Yemen Obama is helping the brutal dictator his his uprising, and what is happening in Bahrain is a disgrace in an epic proportion.

The occupation of the cities here are nothing like those, but they are like that of Greece, Ireland, the UK, Iceland, France, Portugal and other EU countries.

Don't confuse them.

jackalope

Former Staff
Jan 2010
Maine
The biggest test for these protests will be winter. If they can keep this up over the winter and into spring, it's a big thing. If not.....

The Wisconsin protests were remarkable in part because of when they happened. And they predated the Arab Spring.
I think they were after Cairo ...

jackalope

Former Staff
Jan 2010
Maine
The Arab spring ended poorly. Egypt is under military dictatorship, and i don't care what you people say, Libya is under AQ control. In Yemen Obama is helping the brutal dictator his his uprising, and what is happening in Bahrain is a disgrace in an epic proportion.

The occupation of the cities here are nothing like those, but they are like that of Greece, Ireland, the UK, Iceland, France, Portugal and other EU countries.

Don't confuse them.
South American countries too ... they haven't been getting much coverage, but there have been a few in SA too