Are Homophobic People Really Gay and Not Accepting It?

Mar 2019
Portland, OR
Are Homophobic People Really Gay and Not Accepting It?

so, I guess the short answer is "yes". It wold only seem logical anyway. Why else would a person be so obsessed with another persons sexuality - unless they're secretly harboring a sexual attraction towards them?
According to gallup about 5% of the population is gay, bisexual, or trans. Also according to gallup 23% of the population wants gay sex to be illegal, 31% oppose gay marriage, and 30% view it as morally wrong. There is no way that they are all gay. The math doesn't work.

Apr 2014
The liberal commie infested, queer loving north ea
According to gallup about 5% of the population is gay, bisexual, or trans. Also according to gallup 23% of the population wants gay sex to be illegal, and 31% oppose gay marriage. There is no way that they are all gay. The math doesn't work.
Really? 23% of the population wants gay sex to be illegal, and 31% oppose gay marriage? When and where was that poll taken? Alabama in 1950?. Got a link to that?

Reactions: the watchman
Apr 2014
The liberal commie infested, queer loving north ea
Gallup 2018. Back in 1996 68% opposed gay marriage and 47% wanted it illegal.
https://news.gallup.com/poll/1651/gay-lesbian-rights.aspx
Thank you for demonstrating that there are still a lot of knuckle dragging goons still out there . I for one am not saying that most of them are closeted gays, but they are all unevolved, neurotic pearl clutches' . I would like to see those numbers broken down by religion, party affiliation and age. I'm pretty sure that I know what we would see.

Jan 2015
Great State of Texas
Yes, it is. Use your head, please. There is no way to know the exact numbers, so any claims to the contrary is just idiotic pontification. Intelligent people realize this.
Leftist don't deal in facts.

It makes your point not irrelevant ....

But, irrlevant to them.

Jan 2007
Sounds like a bunch of predetermined gobbledygook justification to me.
Regardless, it would really come down to the definition of homophobia, which seems to be rather subjective.
Is it "fear of homosexual things"? If so, I'm not sure anyone really qualifies.
You don't have to fear homosexuals to not approve of that lifestyle or the social promotion of that lifestyle. At one time homosexuals were considered by psychiatrists as a
mental issue.

Perhaps it's the other way around. Those that are very accepting of homosexuals, the life style are themselves intrigued by that lifestyle and have subconsciously considered
that for themselves.

Rev. Hellh0und

Former Staff
Jul 2011
315 bowery/DMS
I believe sexuality, especially homosexuality is a sensitive subject. We all know someone who is gay and we likely know someone who has been persecuted for it - likely from within their own family.

People do hide their sexuality and it's totally reasonable and understandable.

Look what we do to do them.

If you do tell people who you are you become instantly vulnerable.
You can lose friends and possibly your family.

It's already well known that people who hate homosexuals (i mean really hate them) are homosexuals themselves, but instead of treating that we make fun of it. We load the gun with that and say ha ha, you are really a gay person in disguise. And even if that person isn't gay and is just a bigot or prejudice, we still say they are gay.

That's fucked up.

Do you have any peer reviewed scientific studies that show this to be true? Can it be true in some cases, but it it really the reason? I am not so sure.