Are members of the gay community better adjusted, in a moral sense; than homophobes?

Apr 2019
Texas
Are members of the gay community better adjusted, in a moral sense; than homophobes?

Gays place love above sex, while homophobes place sex above love.

Jesus would say that gays are closer to his heart than homophobes, and this shows a higher moral sense in Gays.

I am not gay, but hey, like Jesus; I can tell you homophobes that gays (all) still love you, and hope you get closer to love and Jesus someday.

Gayness is nature, not nurture. Nature and the Jesus archetype are showing us how to love more deeply.

This is a Gnostic Christian view and is in full accord with my Mother Goddess, so it must be true.

Regards,
DL
What is your definition of homophobe?

Aug 2018
Vancouver
What is your definition of homophobe?
I took it to mean the technical definition. Someone with an irrational sense of fear.

Perhaps this thread meant a more active, political course of action than merely feeling anxious or repulsed when exposed to homosexuality.

I doubt if all of us here together thought about it we'd be hard pressed to find a single grandparent of ours that wasn't homophobic.

I'd wager 100 percent of them were.

And we all love and respect our grandparents.

I just reject the theory that someone is moral and righteous simply because another person is irrationally prejudice against a kind of person they randomly are.

China is brutally oppressing the Muslims in their boundaries. It's unbelievably injust. But it's still true that those muslim minorities in Asia are pretty fucking barbaric. They're savage cultures with very little concept of human rights themselves.

They still don't deserve to be oppressed.

I'm sure a perfectly normal percentage of Jews slain in Nazi Germany were right total arseholes. It's quite logical and correct to assume that some of those holocaust victims were rapists and murderers and thieves.

It plays right into bigots hands to pretend otherwise because you say "look at these poor, innocent, harmless, lovely people being wronged" and the bigots easily find one douchbag among them and says "see, you're wrong" .

Last edited:
Apr 2019
Texas
I do not offer a description or definition not found in dictionaries and am pleased to work with whatever definition you want.

Regards
DL
OK, since you leave the definition up to me, I'll choose the one BarKnuckles just stated - the irrational fear of homosexuality. Having an irrational fear is a psychological issue - not a moral issue. So, I think your question is ill-posed. It would make more sense for you to state a working definition that would make some sense out of your question.

Sep 2013
Canada
And we all love and respect our grandparents.
Have you seen the abuse stats for the numbers of children abused both physically and mentally by the older generations?

I will be honest and say that I do not remember the exact figure of that stat but what comes to mind for research I did 30 years ago had the % at better than 40%.

To ask 40% of children to honor or resprct such foul grandparents is a bit much I think.

Better to give honor and respect to those who deserve it.

Regards
DL

Sep 2013
Canada
OK, since you leave the definition up to me, I'll choose the one BarKnuckles just stated - the irrational fear of homosexuality. Having an irrational fear is a psychological issue - not a moral issue. So, I think your question is ill-posed. It would make more sense for you to state a working definition that would make some sense out of your question.
The sense is there for all to see.

Your statement is correct, but my issue and moral judgement goes towards the fact that they act on that irrational fear to oppress, denigrate and discriminate against gays without a just cause.

That is what is immoral, as well as putting sex above love.

Regards
DL

Apr 2019
Texas
The sense is there for all to see.

Your statement is correct, but my issue and moral judgement goes towards the fact that they act on that irrational fear to oppress, denigrate and discriminate against gays without a just cause.

That is what is immoral, as well as putting sex above love.

Regards
DL
In which case, what you are talking about is hate – not fear. Those who “denigrate and discriminate against gays” sounds to me more like people who hate gays. This is why I asked you to define the term. Your question is ill-posed unless you provide an working definition for the term “homophobe”.

Sep 2013
Canada
In which case, what you are talking about is hate – not fear. Those who “denigrate and discriminate against gays” sounds to me more like people who hate gays. This is why I asked you to define the term. Your question is ill-posed unless you provide an working definition for the term “homophobe”.
It is a well defined word so I am not interested in trying to do better than Webster or other dictionaries.

If you can't live with common definitions, give us yours and I doubt I will reject it.

Regards
DL

Apr 2019
Texas
It is a well defined word so I am not interested in trying to do better than Webster or other dictionaries.

If you can't live with common definitions, give us yours and I doubt I will reject it.

Regards
DL
Merriam Webster: “irrational fear of, aversion to, or discrimination against homosexuality or homosexuals.”

It’s your question, so the definition of terms is up to you. It’s just that the answer to your question depends on the definition of terms. And now that you have stated your definition, I can answer your question:

No. There is no reason to conclude that they are more moral than homophobes. Because your working definition of homophobe is much too broad. Those who merely have a fear or aversion are being lumped together with those who discriminate. You may as well lump peaceful Muslims in with the terrorists, as a way of judging their morality.

Had you limited your question to only those homophobes who discriminate, then the answer would probably be yes – the average homosexual is probably more moral than the average person who discriminates. But as is, no. You are painting with too broad of a brush.

Sep 2013
Canada
Merriam Webster: “irrational fear of, aversion to, or discrimination against homosexuality or homosexuals.”

It’s your question, so the definition of terms is up to you. It’s just that the answer to your question depends on the definition of terms. And now that you have stated your definition, I can answer your question:

No. There is no reason to conclude that they are more moral than homophobes. Because your working definition of homophobe is much too broad. Those who merely have a fear or aversion are being lumped together with those who discriminate. You may as well lump peaceful Muslims in with the terrorists, as a way of judging their morality.

Had you limited your question to only those homophobes who discriminate, then the answer would probably be yes – the average homosexual is probably more moral than the average person who discriminates. But as is, no. You are painting with too broad of a brush.
If you isn't with me, your agin me.

Go ahead and support homophobes.

That make you inferior in morality to gays as well as maladjusted.

Regards
DL