Are the Jews Waiting For a Messiah..?

D

Defensor

Provide your source for that.

Oh..what's that you say? It's just another lie and you don't have a source?

It's amusing watching brainless sheep drooling over the falsehoods perpetrated by bigots.
How amusing. You didn't really want a source, did you? :whistling:

Babylonian Talmud said:
What is your punishment [in the other world]? He replied: What I decreed for myself. Every day my ashes are collected and sentence is passed on me and I am burnt and my ashes are scattered over the seven seas. He then went and raised Balaam by incantations. He asked him: Who is in repute in the other world? He replied: Israel. What then, he said, about joining them? He replied: Thou shalt not seek their peace nor their prosperity all thy days for ever.1 He then asked: What is your punishment? He replied: With boiling hot semen.2 He then went and raised by incantations the sinners of Israel.3 He asked them: Who is in repute in the other world? They replied: Israel. What about joining them? They replied: Seek their welfare, seek not their harm. Whoever touches them touches the apple of his eye. He said: What is your punishment? They replied: With boiling hot excrement, since a Master has said: Whoever mocks at the words of the Sages is punished with boiling hot excrement. Observe the difference between the sinners of Israel and the prophets of the other nations who worship idols. It has been taught: Note from this incident how serious a thing it is to put a man to shame, for God espoused the cause of Bar Kamza and destroyed His House and burnt His Temple.

Jewish Encyclopedia said:
Henceforth he became the type of false prophets seducing men to lewdness and obscene idolatrous practices (Rev. ii. 14; II Peter ii. 15; Jude 11; Abot. v. 19). The name “Nicolaitanes,†given to the Christian heretics “holding the doctrine of Balaam†(Rev. ii. 6, 15), is probably derived from the Grecized form of Balaam, [Hebr. = Gr], and hence also the pseudonym “Balaam,†given to Jesus in Sanh. 106b and Git. 57a. See Geiger, “Bileam and Jesus,†in “Wissenschaftliche Zeitschrift fur Jüdische Theologie,†vi. 31-37).

B

Babylon

Firstly...hell is much more of a Christian concept than a Jewish one. So the idea of Jesus burning there is ludicrous. Just another piece of bullshit propagated by anti-Semites.

If you want legitimate answers to legitimate questions, I can make some recommendations.

Or...you can come on over to my house and take some private lessons.

:waving:
Is there a 'penalty' for disobedience in the afterlife..?

I would take Any kind of lessons from you..

B

blackbetty

Is there a 'penalty' for disobedience in the afterlife..?

I would take Any kind of lessons from you..
We're taught as Jews that we are OBLIGATED to enjoy life and all it has to offer while we are here. OBLIGATED.

:whistling:

B

blackbetty

Babylonian Talmud, Gittin 57a
He hath cut off in fierce anger all the horn of Israel.[3] Rabbi Zera said in the name of rabbi Abbahu, who quoted rabbi Johanan: 'These are the eighty thousand battle trumpets which assembled in the city of Betar when it was taken and men, women and children were slain until their blood run into the great sea. (Do you think it was near? It was six kilometers away.)
It has been taught that rabbi Eleazar the Great said: 'There are two streams in the valley of Yadaim, one running in one direction and one in another, and the Sages estimated that at that time they ran with two parts of water to one of blood.'[4]

In a Baraitha [5] it has been taught: 'For seven years the gentiles fertilized their vineyards with the blood of Israel without using manure.'

Z

Zarathustra

Because you are a Jew no. I happen to like Jews. :popcorn:

I have a feeling it's Israel you like, not Jews. You want the end times prophecy to be fulfilled so you can go to heaven and everyone else, including jews, can burn in hell.

B

blackbetty

Yep.

It's easy to track down Defensor's "sources". You can find his "theories" espoused word for word on any number of neo-Nazi and other anti-Semitic websites.

But we knew that about him.

Interesting how certain types of bigotries are allowed on PH while others are not. Very odd.

D

Djinn

How amusing. You didn't really want a source, did you? :whistling:
I read the source, and it's lacking. The text doesn't say "Jesus," or "Christ," or anything remotely similar. It names "Baalam," who was "A son of Beor and a prophet of Pethor in Mesopotamia."

Yes, there's an odd footnote in the hundred year-old encyclopedia hypothesizing that Baalam is Jesus. But no basis is given; the two names are totally dissimilar, and there is an actual "Baalam" mentioned in the story who is clearly not Jesus.

JewishEncyclopedia.com - BALAAM

D

Defensor

Yep.

It's easy to track down Defensor's "sources". You can find his "theories" espoused word for word on any number of neo-Nazi and other anti-Semitic websites.

But we knew that about him.

Interesting how certain types of bigotries are allowed on PH while others are not. Very odd.
Excuse me, you're not getting away with this crap. You asked for sources, I quoted direct from the Talmud and the Jewish Encyclopedia. Get off your high horse.

D

Djinn

Excuse me, you're not getting away with this crap. You asked for sources, I quoted direct from the Talmud and the Jewish Encyclopedia. Get off your high horse.
Your whole argument rests on an unsupported footnote in the Jewish Encyclopedia - which is NOT a holy text, or recognized as a official source of authority.