Are we hoping for a shutdown or not?

Amelia

Former Staff
Jun 2014
Wisconsin
Donald Trump's Government Shutdown Tweets Contradict Stance | Time

This is another one of those things which people seem to flipflop over depending on which party is in control of the White House.

And Trump has flipflopped even during his stay in the White House.

Now he's saying it would be bad but last May he was all for a shutdown. And of course he was for shutdowns when Obama was president.

Nov 2013
None of your business
Donald Trump's Government Shutdown Tweets Contradict Stance | Time

This is another one of those things which people seem to flipflop over depending on which party is in control of the White House.

And Trump has flipflopped even during his stay in the White House.

Now he's saying it would be bad but last May he was all for a shutdown. And of course he was for shutdowns when Obama was president.
He's not a leader, even the republicans don't know what he wants, and basically? he's in hiding right now, because this, this, shows him what the presidency is REALLY about, it's about leadership, and leadership is the art of convincing people who don't want to follow, that following is the right thing to do at the time.

trump thought this would be easy; it's not, there is not one president who didn't age in that office, there is not one, even the ones, I disliked, or were disgusted with, that didn't take the job seriously, sometimes TOO seriously, like Nixon, who if he had an ounce of self respect, could have been a stellar elder statesman,

Nixon, the only Congress member to cry openly when Jack Kennedy was assassinated, who was in constant competition with Kennedy, and his own assessment of his dour and dark nature, against the sunny and shining countenance of Kennedy, led him to embrace his darkest demons, and it destroyed him, but make no mistake, Nixon took the office seriously, Eisenhower did, Truman did, Reagan, the Bushes, even Clinton, it's an august and awesome job,

Trump has reduced the presidency of the United States, we were the annoying, yet loveable cousin to our allies, we were the "YANKS" we could do anything, we cried with our friends, and we fought by their side, now we are reduced to a small, sour, self absorbed, small minded, and hollow entity, dismissed by the best of the world, and embraced by the worst.

trump is seeing his waterloo with this shut down, he's frozen, and doesn't know what to do, but he knows, that the truth, the light shining on his character isn't going away, and he'll continue to call his friends, his buddies and commiserate about his martyrdom, how he's being attacked, he has none of the brilliance of Nixon, he only has the dark soul.

And this? this moment in time, will define his presidency, more than any other moment in his entire life.

He's cowed and hidden, while the Congress sets itself on fire....

Jul 2015
Florida
Of course not! It's not good for anyone. I know the Right doesn't give a good goddamn but real people have real lives with real monies and bills that can easily be affected by this GROSS INCOMPETENCE!!

I mentioned it before, I was one of those people. How many people are staying up tonight watching Cspan to see if they have to go to work tomorrow? Kids, carpools, staffing for buses, Metro. Doors LOCKED, which agencies, which people? Even if they want to work, many won't be able to. UPS/FEDEX vendors, small businesses that do work for them. Do you open up the parks tomorrow? CDC, FDA--eat frozen foods for the next couple of weeks.

It is a major fucking disruption! All BECAUSE GROWN MEN ARE IN A PISSING CONTEST.

Yeah, I'm going partisan. MC CONNELL IS USELESS AS TITS ON BOAR!

Last edited:

Amelia

Former Staff
Jun 2014
Wisconsin
Of course not! It's not good for anyone. I know the Right doesn't give a good goddamn but real people have real lives with real monies and bills that can easily be affected by this GROSS INCOMPETENCE!!

We need a DACA fix. I think the cost of the shutdown is worth it not to give in.