Are you a moderate?

BDBoop

Former Staff
Dec 2010
Twitter
How can you tell? Everything has moved so far right that I don't even know anymore. I know as far as social causes go, I am left. I strongly believe that if we want to remain a contender on the world stage, we need an educated populace. I think far too much money has already been spent on the military industrial complex, and that that money should be used on our infrastructure and to help eradicate poverty and educate Americans.

At this time, we are no longer the world leader. I'm not even sure the world has a leader anymore. Maybe Germany.

I don't know where we are headed, but I'm kind of resentful I'm glad to be sixty so I won't be around to watch it all fall apart. On the other hand, I do have a daughter and she has children.

I guess Christians will be safe? I wonder if it will be like reverse Mark of the Beast, where people will have to say they are Christians or risk the wrath of the state.

Dec 2015
SoCal
How can you tell? Everything has moved so far right that I don't even know anymore. I know as far as social causes go, I am left. I strongly believe that if we want to remain a contender on the world stage, we need an educated populace. I think far too much money has already been spent on the military industrial complex, and that that money should be used on our infrastructure and to help eradicate poverty and educate Americans.

At this time, we are no longer the world leader. I'm not even sure the world has a leader anymore. Maybe Germany.

I don't know where we are headed, but I'm kind of resentful I'm glad to be sixty so I won't be around to watch it all fall apart. On the other hand, I do have a daughter and she has children.

I guess Christians will be safe? I wonder if it will be like reverse Mark of the Beast, where people will have to say they are Christians or risk the wrath of the state.
Not any more.

I'd say it's definitely more difficult to be moderate with the Trump around.

Dec 2015
SoCal
Did the moderates get dragged right as well?
If they voted for Trump, they are largely gone, but there are exceptions to that rule. For example, I know of one poster here who voted for Trump but has since changed his tune, and he is a thoughtful poster as well, a real sweetheart - that is to say he has heart, a good one. If he said he is a moderate, I'd have to agree.