Are you a moderate?

Jan 2014
south
Then they are nothing short of fucking stupid. How on earth they ever thought that the republican party would be their salvation is beyond belief.
you are trying to over analyze it. think simple. Hillary offered status quo, Trump offered change. the rust belt was suffering from the status quo. can you figure it out from there?

Apr 2012
Englewood,Ohio
had the plants been upgraded and modernized over time, the existing work force would been reduced slowly and methodically. the younger workers would have been retrained for high tech jobs - which would have been there. but, that didn't happen. so, it was profit taking by the owners that caused to severe condition. yes, I understand that as much as anybody can without being one of those workers. it's the same thing trickle down economics doesn't work.
You understand what I have been posting. But displaced workers only know one thing. They lost.

Apr 2012
Englewood,Ohio
you are trying to over analyze it. think simple. Hillary offered status quo, Trump offered change. the rust belt was suffering from the status quo. can you figure it out from there?
I am glad one person can put aside how they feel and understand what happened so we can elect Democrats again with new ideas and young Politicians. Because the young are the future. We need them.

Apr 2012
Englewood,Ohio
Yes, Trump told them what they wanted to hear. So did Ronnie RayGun, when he told America he could slash taxes, hike defense spending, and balance the budget, all at the same time. It was voodoo economics, and the national debt exploded, almost tripled on his watch. America has fallen for the same snake oil again. A very immature and stupid country, to keep falling for the same hucksterism and fraud, over and over and over again.
When you become that displaced worker you can tell us how you feel. Right now they do not care what you think.

Jan 2014
south
I am glad one person can put aside how they feel and understand what happened so we can elect Democrats again with new ideas and young Politicians. Because the young are the future. We need them.
wish I was young enough to help. but, that just ain't how it is.

Jan 2014
south
Same here, but isn’t it strange we can understand? In my case I have watched it happen. Been a part of it at times.
in my case, I had relatives who were affected. one uncle worked in a suburb of Cleveland at an auto sub-assembly plant, another worked in the coal mines in West Virginia. for me, it was easy to understand.

May 2014
Missouri
How do you vote for Obama in 2008 because you were against Hillary when Hillary was not in the general election running against him?

I also cannot fathom Hillary's personality as off putting as trump if not moreso? That simply does not compute.
In 2008, you vote for Obama over Hillary in the primary because you can’t stand Hillary. You then back him in the general.

In 2016, you still can’t stand Hillary so you vote for Trump over her.

I get that it’s hard to wrap the brain around but I guarantee you there are people out there who voted like that.

Nov 2006
In 2008, you vote for Obama over Hillary in the primary because you can’t stand Hillary. You then back him in the general.

I get that it’s hard to wrap the brain around but I guarantee you there are people out there who voted like that.
Yes. it is hard to wrap the brain around.

Apr 2012
Englewood,Ohio

It may be hard, but Democrats have to deal with what happened. I do not like it one bit but we have to deal with facts.

In 2008 I did not know enough about Obama to vote for him. I wrote in Hillary. Had friends who did the same. But by 2012 I was happy to vote for Obama. In 2016 I disliked Sanders, but knew from the beginning what Republicans would do to her.

Wonderer is mostly right and I can remember how my Democratic friends went after me on the boards because I did not vote the way they wanted.

Arkady was the only one who spoke out for me. I despise Trump and think many good Republicans agree with me. It is time we begin to work together to get rid of the old, moribund people in both parties.

Jim Himes talked about that this morning. All 3 Leaders in the Democratic party are well over 70. They need to gracefully retire.

And what can I say about Mitch McConnell? He is as corrupt as they come.

I am not here to upset anyone. But we have to deal with why so many are angry and unhappy.