Are you prejudice against any race, religion, ethnic group, country, or area of a country?

Are you prejudice against against any race, religions, ethic group, country, or area of a country?

• Yes most definitely and not ashamed of it

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Absolutely not!

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • I don't want to be, and try not to be, but realize to some extent it's part of being human

Votes: 13 59.1%
  • To some extent

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters

Blueneck

Former Staff
Jun 2007
Ohio
I try not to be, and always try to give people the benefit of the doubt, but can't help realizing that deep down have caught myself looking down on or judging others based on religion, politics, ethnic groups, their countries of origin, or areas of the U.S.
They say familiarity breeds contempt. In RL I spend pretty much all of my time in the company of Trump supporters, so I've come to dislike these people because of their politics and their "culture", which doesn't seem like culture at all but rather a shared hatred of what they perceive to be the agenda of liberals.

I try to look past that and see them as people, but if you choose to be a hateful person for no good reason, if you enjoy being insulting and filled with rage, what kind of person are you? If this were just about politics, it wouldn't matter, but it's about integrity so I feel like the judgement is baked in.

Ian Jeffrey

Council Hall
Mar 2013
Vulcan, down the street from Darth Vader
In RL I spend pretty much all of my time in the company of Trump supporters, so I've come to dislike these people because of their politics and their "culture", which doesn't seem like culture at all but rather a shared hatred of what they perceive to be the agenda of liberals.
Indeed, I see it on FB all the time ... Trump supporters who are united in engaging a vicious hatred of liberals. Not just their perception of a liberal agenda (actual or imputed), but liberals themselves. It is endemic in the Republican party, anyway - but Trump has, through his supporters, raised such hatred to an art form.

Blueneck

Former Staff
Jun 2007
Ohio
Indeed, I see it on FB all the time ... Trump supporters who are united in engaging a vicious hatred of liberals. Not just their perception of a liberal agenda (actual or imputed), but liberals themselves. It is endemic in the Republican party, anyway - but Trump has, through his supporters, raised such hatred to an art form.
I'm sick to death of Trump saying "They're bad, bad people" all the time, about anyone who isn't one of his fans. Either he has no fear of repercussion, or he feels so bulletproof that making half the country hate his guts is no big deal to him. Regular people are picking up this habit and hating people they don't even know because it's okay to do that now. Hypocritically enough, the same people who got their bowels in an uproar over Hillary Clinton using the term "deplorables" or being called racist.

Ian Jeffrey

Council Hall
Mar 2013
Vulcan, down the street from Darth Vader
I'm sick to death of Trump saying "They're bad, bad people" all the time, about anyone who isn't one of his fans. Either he has no fear of repercussion, or he feels so bulletproof that making half the country hate his guts is no big deal to him.
Or both, which is really what is happening. For the 2020 debates, I might go to YT and watch the Kennedy-Nixon debates from 1960, because it will be more like watching a real debate than what Trump will provide.
Regular people are picking up this habit and hating people they don't even know because it's okay to do that now. Hypocritically enough, the same people who got their bowels in an uproar over Hillary Clinton using the term "deplorables" or being called racist.
They cheered Trump on for doing it, and have normalized it. Trump did not start it, but he played into it and made it acceptable behavior.

Jul 2011
NYC/Москва
My respect with regard to your charitable activities, and I, for one, would not question your veracity on that account - you do not come across as a braggart. I also suspect that 'seething hatred' is a degree of hyperbole in this instance - I doubt anyone here entertains such sentiments towards you. We can disagree without hatred to any degree. :)

My only comment - and forgive me if I am being overly punctilious - is that the verb in the theatrical sense is spelt 'cue', and the noun for what many Americans refer to as 'a line' is spelt 'queue'. ;)

Not only am I never a braggart, I also NEVER EVER EVER use EVEN the SLIGHTEST hyperbole, but I am NEVER sarcastic. ;)

Davocrat

Former Staff
Apr 2007
Deep State
Really? So voting for jackwagons who want more of my money...
There are these things called "policies" that have effects on poverty, drug addiction, incarceration, veteran health care, housing and employment.

Sometimes I think people like to maintain the misery level so they can feel better about themselves making contributions. But I'm sure that's not the case.

Davocrat

Former Staff
Apr 2007
Deep State
Then, when things don't improve people can say, "see, it's just these people." We give and give and it doesn't get better.