"Armada" vs. "Armata"

Jul 2014
midwest
You are starting to repeat yourself, man lol

You asked the same exact question in my thread about the Msta-S self-propelled howitzer :)

Only thing I can answer is, you do realize the Russians, unlike some Arab villagers America is used to fighting, can actually knock your A-10 out of the sky, right?

They also have plenty of sophisticated tools at their disposal. Just as sophisticated as yours. Putin has spent billions and billions, even starving poor pensioners, to rearm and rebuild and upgrade the military in recent years. And they still got some cool old stuff also left over from the Soviet Union...

You Americans have grown far, far too arrogant for own good. Underestimating all your opponents.

Hell, you thought al Qaeda were just a bunch of whackjobs in Afghanistan, right? And then September 11th, 2001 happened...
You are repeating yourself, too.

You posted pretty much the same as you did with the Self Propelled Howitzer thingy.

But, you are right.

We can't beat anybody.

We got nothing.

We should let those tough Russkies take Ukraine.

And that should happen any day now...

Tedminator

Former Staff
Jun 2010
South Florida
I've wondered about that myself, the hatches.

Ventilation actually has been a design flaw issue on Soviet and Russian tanks going back to at least the T-62. They often had problems getting the smoke from the cannon, when it fires, out of the cabin. It just accumulates, to the point that could suffocate the crew, if they don't drive around with all hatches open, even up in the Arctic, in way sub zero temps lol

Supposedly, they solved this, finally, in late model T-90s and Armatas...

One can but hope, for the poor crews sake lol

I'd be very interested to get a peek inside the T-14 crew compartment. Russian tanks have never been about crew comfort whereas American tanks put a premium on crew comfort and survive-ability. Reminds me of what the WW2 soviet tanker said about his M4 Sherman..

Q) It is considered noteworthy that the Sherman was very well appointed on the inside. Was this true?
A) It was true. These are not just words! They were beautiful! For us then this was something. As they say now, "Euro-repair"! This was some kind of European picture! In the first place, it was painted beautifully. Secondly, the seats were comfortable, covered with some kind of remarkable special artificial leather. If a tank was knocked out or damaged, then if it was left unguarded literally for just several minutes the infantry would strip out all this upholstery. It made excellent boots! Simply beautiful!

Dmitriy Loza

re T-14's tc hatch opening upward, Loza also mentioned why thats a bad idea..

One more shortcoming of the Sherman was the construction of the driver's hatch. The hatch on the first shipment of Shermans was located in the roof of the hull and simply opened upward. Frequently the driver-mechanic opened it and raised his head in order to see better. There were several occasions when during the rotation of the turret the main gun struck this hatch and knocked it into the driver's head. We had this happen once or twice in my own unit. Later the Americans corrected this deficiency. Now the hatch rose up and simply moved to the side, like on modern tanks.

So yeah its weird that almost a century later the new T-14 would use a hatch that swings up.

Last edited:
Jul 2011
Memphis, Tn.
That would depend on who controls the air space and anti-air coverage for the ground forces. A-10 is a subsonic aircraft so makes for an easy target.
I've explained that to him before on a similar thread in which you displayed a new Russina self-propelled howitzer. He just does not understand such things. *shrug*

Jul 2011
Memphis, Tn.
You are repeating yourself, too.

You posted pretty much the same as you did with the Self Propelled Howitzer thingy.

But, you are right.

We can't beat anybody.

We got nothing.

We should let those tough Russkies take Ukraine.

And that should happen any day now...
Why don't you comment on what he actually says?