"Armada" vs. "Armata"

Tedminator

Former Staff
Jun 2010
South Florida
You are starting to repeat yourself, man lol
You asked the same exact question in my thread about the Msta-S self-propelled howitzer :)
I've explained that to him before on a similar thread in which you displayed a new Russina self-propelled howitzer. He just does not understand such things. *shrug*
copy that. he was just trolling for attention.
anyhoo maybe now no more of the same question from him now that the basics of combined arms warfare has been explained.

The Man

Former Staff
Jul 2011
Toronto
You are repeating yourself, too.

You posted pretty much the same as you did with the Self Propelled Howitzer thingy.

But, you are right.

We can't beat anybody.

We got nothing.

We should let those tough Russkies take Ukraine.

And that should happen any day now...
US can "beat" plenty of countries. The question, though, is, at what price.

Even in the Gulf War against Iraq, where the US also had a whole "Coalition" of Western and Arab countries on their side, they (the whole Coalition) still lost hundreds of men, dozens of tanks, etc: Gulf War - Wikipedia

That's against just Saddam's Iraq.

Against Russia and/or China (and those two likely WILL fight together, if push comes to shove)... US and West may well prevail. Expect to lose more than one entire aircraft carrier battle group of your Navy though. And many, many thousands of men on the ground. And that's in a purely conventional fight, without even talking about the nuclear weapons...

I'd be very interested to get a peek inside the T-14 crew compartment. Russian tanks have never been about crew comfort whereas American tanks put a premium on crew comfort and survive-ability. Reminds me of what the WW2 soviet tanker said about his M4 Sherman..

Q) It is considered noteworthy that the Sherman was very well appointed on the inside. Was this true?
A) It was true. These are not just words! They were beautiful! For us then this was something. As they say now, "Euro-repair"! This was some kind of European picture! In the first place, it was painted beautifully. Secondly, the seats were comfortable, covered with some kind of remarkable special artificial leather. If a tank was knocked out or damaged, then if it was left unguarded literally for just several minutes the infantry would strip out all this upholstery. It made excellent boots! Simply beautiful!

Dmitriy Loza

re T-14's tc hatch opening upward, Loza also mentioned why thats a bad idea..

One more shortcoming of the Sherman was the construction of the driver's hatch. The hatch on the first shipment of Shermans was located in the roof of the hull and simply opened upward. Frequently the driver-mechanic opened it and raised his head in order to see better. There were several occasions when during the rotation of the turret the main gun struck this hatch and knocked it into the driver's head. We had this happen once or twice in my own unit. Later the Americans corrected this deficiency. Now the hatch rose up and simply moved to the side, like on modern tanks.

So yeah its weird that almost a century later the new T-14 would use a hatch that swings up.
It is weird

All I can really say is they probably won't be using that hatch when the turret is swinging lol Hopefully, anyway... Shit, could easily get your head taken off that way...

Jul 2014
midwest
You should understand by now that I post where I please, when I please, for any reason that pleases me at the time.
You should probably put that word out.

You had a couple of members defending you a few days ago, as I remember.

Perhaps it is they who should understand that you have the ability to speak for yourself.

I think people who choose to post on this forum should be able to say what they want without others jumping to speak for them.

Jul 2011
Memphis, Tn.
You should probably put that word out.

You had a couple of members defending you a few days ago, as I remember.

Perhaps it is they who should understand that you have the ability to speak for yourself.

I think people who choose to post on this forum should be able to say what they want without others jumping to speak for them.
I have, you're just not paying attention.
So? Other people ALSO have the right to post where they please for any reasona that pleases them at the time.
You're kind of a busy-body, you know that?

Jul 2014
midwest
I have, you're just not paying attention.
So? Other people ALSO have the right to post where they please for any reasona that pleases them at the time.
You're kind of a busy-body, you know that?
I've been called worse.

It's just words on a screen.

If it don't affect my paycheck or my social life, it's really no big deal to me.

Maybe that stuff gets you or some others excited?