As suspected! State VA REP re medicaid expansion, '"when your times up you die"

Jul 2015
Florida
I've said this for decades, these people believe if you don't have enough money to live--at any stage of your life, DIE. Thinning of the herd. Survival of the fittest. No matter how or when you came into need. I guess if you are driving down the road and a DRUNK comes at you in his car, it's YOUR turn to die. I guess if you are at work and another employee doesn't secure heavy equipment and falls and crushes you, it's YOUR turn to die. God has it all mapped out right?

[FONT=&amp]GOP lawmaker shrugs off preventable deaths during Medicaid hearing: ‘When your time’s up, you’re gonna die’

[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]

TANA GANEVA
30 MAY 2018 AT 18:54 ET
[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]

DON'T MISS STORIES. FOLLOW RAW STORY!
[FONT=&amp]

On Wednesday, Sen. Bill Carrico (R-Grayson County)) blithely sentenced millions of Americans to death.

Asked about the Americans who’ve been denied health care in states that have refused to expand Medicaid—a policy the Trump administration has encouraged—Carrico issued a heartless response.

When your time’s up, you’re gonna die,” he said, according to Graham Moomaw, a politics reporter with the Richmond Times-Dispatch.

Carrico made the comments at a hearing about Medicaid expansion. Virginia lawmakers are currently weighing whether to expand Medicaid in the state, to make more people eligible for health care.

As Politico reports, Virginia appears to be on the cusp of expanding Medicaid, Democratic Gov. Ralph Northam is expected to sign the bill if it gets to his desk...

[/FONT][/FONT]https://www.rawstory.com/2018/05/gop-lawmaker-shrugs-off-preventable-deaths-medicaid-hearing-times-youre-gonna-die/

Jul 2015
Florida
Sentenced millions to death?

Let's see how many thanks you get for that one.
I didn't edit anything. That's not mine. But since your ignorance is out there for all to see. You and I statistically will need extended, in home or inpatient nursing care at the end. That is when MEDICAID kicks in for most of the elderly.

YOU do the math genius. Approx. 3,000,000 people die of old age each year. Approx. 25% of deaths in the U.S. occur in nursing homes. 62% -70 of nursing home occupants use Medicaid for their care. QUICK MATH: What would it take, 2 years to reach in the 1.5 million dead old people if they have no MEDICAID supplement?

3, 4, 5 years = MILLIONS of dead people

PS What I don't know is if VA will let the kids die. Did he vote for CHIP? Or does he want that to eliminated too.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person

HCProf

Council Hall
Sep 2014
USA
Medicaid for long term care was provided before the States expanded Medicaid for the working class. The expansion provided wider eligibility requirements such as income. If VA ends the expansion, Medicare/Medicaid will not be impacted if patients are eligible. Same with disabled adults and children.

Jul 2015
Florida
Medicaid for long term care was provided before the States expanded Medicaid for the working class. The expansion provided wider eligibility requirements such as income. If VA ends the expansion, Medicare/Medicaid will not be impacted if patients are eligible. Same with disabled adults and children.
Medicaid funds aren't fungible? Are you sure about that?

HCProf

Council Hall
Sep 2014
USA
Medicaid funds aren't fungible? Are you sure about that?
You are confusing the Medicaid expansion with Medicaid benefits that have always been available under decades of administrations. You are screeching about dead children and old people which is hyperbole. The people who will suffer if the Medicaid expansion is discontinued will by low wage earners who in the past earned a few dollars more than eligibility requirements at the time. Eligibility is what was expanded.

Apr 2018
oregon
How much money should society pay to keep someone alive?
A million?
A billion?
A trillion?
A currency collapsing unlimited amount?