Assange Arrested

Apr 2010
Oregon
Holy cannoli. Think that indictment will be unsealed now?

(CNN) — WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange has been arrested at the Ecuadorian embassy in London, police announced Thursday.

The Metropolitan Police said its officers went into the embassy, where Assange has been living for the past seven years, to detain him for "failing to surrender to the court" over a warrant issued in 2012.
He has been taken into custody at a central London police station, police said.
https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/04/11/uk...ed-gbr-intl/index.html?r=https://www.cnn.com/

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
You guys planning on fingering him in the ass and mock executing him until he blurts out something that'll get trump impeached? good plan.
It goes far deeper than Trump. He reportedly knew a lot of dirty secrets about the Iraq war and defense contractors. Several were after him as well, particularly paid mercenary groups. He originally went to the embassy long before Trump because he also feared for his life from what he knew. At one point he was quite the hero of the anti war movement.

highway234

Former Staff
Feb 2010
Where'm I At, Doe?
This is going to get interesting. Apparently the Ecuadorian govt revoked his immunity allowing him to be handed over. Now various govts want him. Going to get mighty ugly.
Or else he'll just vanish the way Reality Winner did. The way Chelsea Manning has been re-disappeared. Notice how uninteresting those cases are? Because they're, I assume, being tried and held in solitary more or less in secret.

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
Or else he'll just vanish the way Reality Winner did. The way Chelsea Manning has been re-disappeared. Notice how uninteresting those cases are? Because they're, I assume, being tried and held in solitary more or less in secret.
They all knew secrets about the US govt. Throw Edward Snowden in there as well. All I can think of is that line "you cant handle the truth."