- Be open minded and willing to alter your beliefs with new evidence.
- Strive to understand what is most likely to be true, not believe what you want to be true.
- The scientific method is the most reliable way of understanding the natural world.
- Every person has the right to control their own body.
- God is not necessary to be a good person, or to live a full and meaningful life.
- Be mindful of the consequences of all of your actions and recognise that you must take responsibility for them.
- Treat others as you would want them to treat you, and can reasonably expect they want to be treated.
- We have the responsibility to consider others, including future generations - which is not to be confused with unborn non-viable fetuses.
- There is no right way to live.
- Leave the world a better place than you found it.
These are rational positions by which to live one's life; unlike certain "commandments" of an irrational mythology one might mention.
Likes: 8 people