Attorney for teenage girl detained at McKinney pool party speaks at news conference.

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more
[video=youtube;Yapp9HIMniw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=17&v=Yapp9HIMniw[/video]

I found it very interesting that this attorney ( Hannah Stroud ) chose an intimate setting involving only the local news agencies to hold her press conference, rather than the more public setting that Casebolts attorney ( Jane Bushkin ) chose to hold hers , involving all of the nations cable news networks. Of course, that might be explained by competing interest. The media and social media have been beating up on Casebolt for the last several days. Casebolt is now the most famous police officer in the world - and for all the wrong reasons. I can understand why his lawyer would want to get out ahead of that and make sure his side of the story is told. Whereas, Dajerria Becton , the teen seen being manhandled by Casebolt in that now infamous video, legal team obviously wished to shield her from any further stressful public scrutiny.

I was thoroughly unimpressed with Bushkin. I wouldn't be surprised if people started calling her Jane Bumpkin. Reason being , that I thought her presentation did her client more damage than good. To illustrate my point, simply do a google search of her news conference. You will find that several news agencies are framing her response as an apology. The reason this is happening, in my humble opinion, is because it's very rare for an attorney to do anything that even implies their clients guilt - such as saying their client is "sorry". Bushkin apparently decided to take that risk. As I've been discussing on another thread, I found her apology to be calculated, gimmicky , and , frankly , lacking in any real sincerity. In my opinion, if she was going to take that risk, then Casebolt is better off with it at least appearing to be sincere. Otherwise, he comes off as a liar ( or at least his lawyer does ).

Stroud, on the other hand, I was thoroughly impressed with. She was professional, articulate, very precise in her statements, very crisp and, frankly, flawless in her delivery. She didn't take any calculated risks. In fact, her level of maintaining the interest of her client was nothing short of exceptional. Unlike Casebolt's attorney , she was the one handling the media - not the other way around. Unlike Casebolt's attorney, she didn't first say she wasn't going to take any questions and , then, suddenly change her mind and start answering questions. Unlike Casebolt's attorney, she didn't flinch, she didn't appear to be aware the press wasn't buying into her unlikely defense of her client.

*concerning the apparent bias in my response here. Full disclosure. I've always been partial to brits *

As such, I will only provide a link to Bumpkin's * cough * , excuse me, I mean Bushkin's presser if asked - if even then.

:cool:

Last edited:

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more
she's got the right legal team for it. Casebolt? Well, let's just say he'd better start looking for another team - STAT.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more
[video=youtube;lv65S8ACUHQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=227&v=lv65S8ACUHQ[/video]