Australian political leaders agree gays don't go to hell

Dec 2015
In Your Heart!
That does not speak to "homosexuals" since that word was not even created in that time frame. Those with great prejudice and bigotry however choose to use it that way but it is incorrect. Period. End of story.

No fems? No fairies? (1 Corinthians 6:9-10 and 1 Timothy 1:10)
"Another passage of Scripture sometimes used against gay people is 1 Corinthians 6:9-10, which reads as follows in the King James Version:

“Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived, neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, nor thieves . . . shall inherit the kingdom of God.”
"In this passage there are two key phrases relevant to our discussion. First there is the reference to “effeminate” persons, which is often viewed as a reference to nelly gay men. In truth, however, the Greek word translated “effeminate” in verse 9 is quite broad. The word is malakoi, and it literally means “soft.” (See note 1.) So Paul is saying “soft people” will not inherit the kingdom of God. Since we know Paul was not talking about the Pillsbury Dough Boy, we have to ask what he meant."

Mar 2019
Down a back road turn south on a gravel drive
Sounds like a very boring place then... I'm starting to think I'd probably prefer Hell, if that's where all the fun party people apparently head to..
Trust God's word, you do not want to go to Hell.

I like you, The Man. I hope you'll come to the realization that like me and everyone, you are a sinner against God as well, but Christ died for sinners. Trust in him, repent and believe in him for forgiveness of sins.

Aug 2018
Vancouver
Wait a tic. What translation is that which uses the word homosexual in the Bible?
We are all sinners. Homosexuals just want to tell Christians and tell God that it's not a sin. God says otherwise
Don't thieves and the greedy and adulteres and swindlers also want to say that? That what they're doing isn't sin?

Why are you treating one group out of that very clear and precise list differently than all the others? Why is that sin so special? That all others on that list don't matter.

Your president is very openly a fornicator, adulterer and swindler. He made the list three times.

Obviously you'd agree he's hellbound.

Nov 2018
Bel Air, MD
The left will have to continue to attack the scriptures and Christianity, if they want to normalize homosexuality. Christians must stand firm as the rest of the world seem to accept unnatural behavior as a norm.

But, as Christians, we ought not to focus on one sin over another. Adultery or fornication are just as wrong in the eyes of God.

But, all who have strayed from God, can be re-united with Him if they confess their sins and ask for forgiveness.

I am not trying to give a sermon here, but that is the way I see it.

Mar 2019
That does not speak to "homosexuals" since that word was not even created in that time frame. Those with great prejudice and bigotry however choose to use it that way but it is incorrect. Period. End of story.

No fems? No fairies? (1 Corinthians 6:9-10 and 1 Timothy 1:10)
1 Corinthians 6:9-10

Arsenokoitai is a compound word: arseno is the word for “a male,” and koitai is the word for “mat” or “bed.” Put the two halves together, and the word means “a male bed”—that is, a person who makes use of a “male-only bed” or a “bed for males.” And, truthfully, that’s all the information we need to understand the intent of 1 Corinthians 6:9.

The word meaning “bed” carries a sexual connotation in this context—the Greek koitai is the source of our English word coitus (“sexual intercourse”). The conclusion is that the word arsenokoitai is referring to homosexuals—men who are in bed with other men, engaging in same-gender sexual activity.

The Man

Former Staff
Jul 2011
Toronto
Trust God's word, you do not want to go to Hell.

I like you, The Man. I hope you'll come to the realization that like me and everyone, you are a sinner against God as well, but Christ died for sinners. Trust in him, repent and believe in him for forgiveness of sins.
I was baptized a Orthodox Christian at birth. And still believe in some kind of higher power/intelligence looking down on us from up there.

But, I'm sorry, I don't believe that such a highly developed intelligence, whether it is a "God" or some kind of alien from another dimension, whatever, if It does exist, would give a crap who and how we humans, pardon me, have intercourse with, down here on our own planet.

Dec 2015
SoCal
1 Corinthians 6:9-10

Arsenokoitai is a compound word: arseno is the word for “a male,” and koitai is the word for “mat” or “bed.” Put the two halves together, and the word means “a male bed”—that is, a person who makes use of a “male-only bed” or a “bed for males.” And, truthfully, that’s all the information we need to understand the intent of 1 Corinthians 6:9.

The word meaning “bed” carries a sexual connotation in this context—the Greek koitai is the source of our English word coitus (“sexual intercourse”). The conclusion is that the word arsenokoitai is referring to homosexuals—men who are in bed with other men, engaging in same-gender sexual activity.
Any way you cut it, Trump is going to hell, but at least he'll have plenty of effeminate women to molest.

Mar 2019
The left will have to continue to attack the scriptures and Christianity, if they want to normalize homosexuality. Christians must stand firm as the rest of the world seem to accept unnatural behavior as a norm.

But, as Christians, we ought not to focus on one sin over another. Adultery or fornication are just as wrong in the eyes of God.

But, all who have strayed from God, can be re-united with Him if they confess their sins and ask for forgiveness.

I am not trying to give a sermon here, but that is the way I see it.
The Left is focusing on normalizing homosexuality. So that's why we have to speak the truth about the sin of Sodomy and Lesbianism. Telling homosexuals that it's not a sin can lead them to Hell. And same with hetero sex outside of marriage including lust. But homosexuality is pretty much the sin getting promoted right now.