Australian political leaders agree gays don't go to hell

Dec 2015
SoCal
Not so fast.

Romans 1

26 Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. 27 In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error.
I believe that is Old Testament. In the New Testament, Jesus preaches tolerance and decries your judgmentalism.

Sucks when I have to correct a devout Christian.

Mar 2019
God's Country
Even if there is one, I am not going up there regardless. I've done more sins of all kinds in just my teen years than many people in their lifetime...
If the thief on the cross beside Christ can receive forgiveness, so can you.

Luke 23:43

39 One of the criminals who were hanged there was [a]hurling abuse at Him, saying, “Are You not the [b]Christ? Save Yourself and us!” 40 But the other answered, and rebuking him said, “Do you not even fear God, since you are under the same sentence of condemnation? 41 And we indeed are suffering justly, for we are receiving [c]what we deserve for our deeds; but this man has done nothing wrong.” 42 And he was saying, “Jesus, remember me when You come [d]in Your kingdom!” 43 And He said to him, “Truly I say to you, today you shall be with Me in Paradise.”

Repent and trust in Christ my friend.

Dec 2015
In Your Heart!
Here you go....

1 Corinthians 6:9-10

Arsenokoitai is a compound word: arseno is the word for “a male,” and koitai is the word for “mat” or “bed.” Put the two halves together, and the word means “a male bed”—that is, a person who makes use of a “male-only bed” or a “bed for males.” And, truthfully, that’s all the information we need to understand the intent of 1 Corinthians 6:9.

The word meaning “bed” carries a sexual connotation in this context—the Greek koitai is the source of our English word coitus (“sexual intercourse”). The conclusion is that the word arsenokoitai is referring to homosexuals—men who are in bed with other men, engaging in same-gender sexual activity.
That is not what I asked you for. You quoted a Biblical passage that specifically mentioned the word "homosexuals" in it. Now since it is there, I want to know the specific Biblical version and Scripture that directly mentions that word "homosexual" or "homosexuals" since the word is most certainly not in the Holy Bible at all. The word "arsenokoitai" is also not making reference to homosexuals I will inform you.

The following is found at: http://www.wouldjesusdiscriminate.org/biblical_evidence/no_fems_no_fairies.html
"Note 2. Dale B. Martin, Arsenokoitês and Malakos: Meaning and Consequences (Source: Biblical Ethics and Homosexuality: Listening to Scripture edited by Robert L. Brawley; Westminster John Knox Press, Louisville Kentucky, 1996), page 124. Nissinen also offers “frailty of body or character, illness, sentimentality, or moral weakness” as other possibilities for the meaning of this word in other contexts (page 117)."

The Man

Former Staff
Jul 2011
Toronto
I like the Ancient Slav view on these things, which neo-Pagans have taken up again in Russia (and Ukraine and Belarus)

Before the spread of Orthodox Christianity, those people did not believe in a Heaven and Hell.

Instead, there were simply the Three/Four Realms, which, together, made up the Great Tree of Life

At the top was Prav (with softened "v" on end), the Realm of the Gods, in the sky, most powerful of them being Svarog, their version of Odin (ancient Rus culture was very heavily influenced by the Vikings, yes, they were in frequent contact up there in the North, and a Viking dynasty, the Ryuriks, even ruled Novgorod Rus for centuries lol)

"Prav" is Russian for "to rule" or "to lead", and often used in connotation with Gods and Tsars and such. Even today, the dominant religion, Orthodox Christianity, is called Pravoslavie (literally "Glorifying of God") in Russian :)

Not shown on that particular Tree map, a level below Prav, is the Slav Realm, the Realm of the Ancestors, the world of the dead

All dead souls went there, regardless of their social status or piety or sinfulness in life. To be glorified (slavit) by their descendants, hopefully, hence the name ;)

That Realm was overseen and guarded by the God Veles, Svarog's younger brother

He was also seen as a protector of animals, hence that bear with him hehe

Below those two was the Yav (literally "Reality") Realm, i.e. this regular world of the mortal people and animals and other beings.

And at the bottom - the Nav, the "Dark Realm", populated by demons and monsters and such evil critters and ruled, in most tales, by such fine individuals as Koschei the Immortal

That dude was like the Satan of old Pagan Rus, the antagonist to all the "good" Gods; and even after Christianity took root over there, he continued to feature heavily in all the fairy tales and such, as a super villain :D

Now that sounds like a fun religion, eh? Straight out of the Game of Thrones or Lord of the Rings hehe

No wonder some 2.5 million people, no less, in Russia, have already reportedly gone back to the "Ancestral Faith"

including famous people, like the boxer Aleksandr Povetkin

Axe of Perun (ancient Slavic God of Thunder, kinda like their Thor) is on his neck, and the symbol of Svarog tattooed on his biceps there.

It's even spreading in the military, especially in elite special forces you now see soldiers rocking pagan runes and other symbols on their helmets

which has the Orthodox Church actually worried: Russian Special Forces Are Turning to Paganism, Church Warns

:D

I'm beginning to think maybe I ought to convert to that too haha

Jul 2013
Nashville, TN
Sounds like a very boring place then... I'm starting to think I'd probably prefer Hell, if that's where all the fun party people apparently head to..
You mean you wouldn't want to be in heaven with the likes of ripskater, Spydder, Hognoxious and John Ford? Cant you imagind how much fun it would be listening to endless tirades against liberals, gays, abortion, and whatever else they obsess over every day?

Aug 2018
Vancouver
The left will have to continue to attack the scriptures and Christianity, if they want to normalize homosexuality. Christians must stand firm as the rest of the world seem to accept unnatural behavior as a norm.

But, as Christians, we ought not to focus on one sin over another. Adultery or fornication are just as wrong in the eyes of God.

But, all who have strayed from God, can be re-united with Him if they confess their sins and ask for forgiveness.

I am not trying to give a sermon here, but that is the way I see it.
Been a Christian all my life. How is it remotely possible you still don't see the words fornicator, thief, swindler, adulterer, greedy in there?

They're all there. Why can't you see them?

They're right there. Plain as day. In scripture.

Why is it you can't see them?

Plank in thine eye?