Ay Caramba! Court deals a blow to Obama's Illegal Aliens

Aug 2012
Here
Good! It's time to pull the plug on this charade. Our national sovereignty has already been watered down enough by folks from both parties who are more interested in padding their bottom line$ and voting blocs.

Appeals court deals crippling blow to President Obama's immigration plan

A federal appeals court dealt a potentially fatal blow Monday to President Obama's immigration plan, leaving more than 4 million undocumented immigrants in legal limbo and setting up a possible Supreme Court battle at the sunset of his administration.

The U.S. Court of Appeals for the 5th Circuit upheld a challenge to the deferred deportation program brought by Texas and 25 other states with Republican governors, who argued that Obama lacked the authority to protect about one-third of the nation's undocumented immigrants by executive fiat.

The authority that the administration claimed, the court said in a 2-1 ruling, would allow it "to grant lawful presence and work authorization to any illegal alien in the United States."

Reactions: 2 people
Apr 2011
Under your skin
And of course the media has spun this story in a totally different way.

The Associated Press
✔ ‎@AP
BREAKING: Appeals court rules against Obama's plan to protect about 5 million people from deportation.

https://twitter.com/AP?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

What they should have said was "Appeals court rules against Obama 's plan to refuse to see that the laws are executed."

Reactions: 1 person

B04

Aug 2014
gone
careful, some libturd is gonna start whining that your thread title is racially insensitive, or flame bait, or some other nonsense.

Apr 2011
Under your skin
careful, some libturd is gonna start whining that your thread title is racially insensitive, or flame bait, or some other nonsense.
Don't they always? And of course, they are always wrong. But then liberals are none too bright to begin with.

Mar 2015
Mad Prophet
We don't want to ruin your slap-fest!

I think a path to citizenship for people already here is far prefered to doing nothing....you know....like all the other presidents have done.

Hey, congrats on your 'victory.' Can't wait for Carson or whoever to have all illegals stoned to death. (I kid)

Last edited:
Jan 2014
south
Good! It's time to pull the plug on this charade. Our national sovereignty has already been watered down enough by folks from both parties who are more interested in padding their bottom line$ and voting blocs.

A federal appeals court dealt a potentially fatal blow Monday to President Obama's immigration plan, leaving more than 4 million undocumented immigrants in legal limbo and setting up a possible Supreme Court battle at the sunset of his administration.

The U.S. Court of Appeals for the 5th Circuit upheld a challenge to the deferred deportation program brought by Texas and 25 other states with Republican governors, who argued that Obama lacked the authority to protect about one-third of the nation's undocumented immigrants by executive fiat.

The authority that the administration claimed, the court said in a 2-1 ruling, would allow it "to grant lawful presence and work authorization to any illegal alien in the United States."

this has happened as it is supposed to - headed for the supreme court. hopefully, this case may show the extent of executive orders may be used to "placate" the congress. for me, executive orders have only a limited function - to expedite laws passed by congress.

Oct 2013
USA
I'd say this ruling is a nail in the coffin for republicans. They'll be lucky to get a handful of Latino votes. This may be the final blow against republicans in the upcoming election. If I were a republican running for office I'd keep my big mouth shut but they won't. They'll be supporting this temporary court win like they found Nirvana.

Mar 2015
Mad Prophet
I'd say this ruling is a nail in the coffin for republicans. They'll be lucky to get a handful of Latino votes. This may be the final blow against republicans in the upcoming election. If I were a republican running for office I'd keep my big mouth shut but they won't. They'll be supporting this temporary court win like they found Nirvana.
This ruling was completely expected. The Supreme Court does not have to pander to ideology.