AZ Republican State Sen. Pushes Bill to Prohibit Discussing "Homosexuality" in Sex-Ed Classes

Rasselas

Feb 2010
USA
Exactly, they are indoctrinating children towards becoming LGBT. That's the downside of LGBT, they can't reproduce so they have to recruit.
No, they are doing nothing of the sort. They are defining a human behavior--that's all. You can't make someone be attracted to one person or another anymore than you can make them like spinach (if they don't like spinach). My six year old will only eat about half a dozen foods--if you can figure out how to indoctrinate him into eating green beans or any sort of meat other than hot dogs and bacon, I'm all ears.

Mar 2019
In Sunday School with Hognoxious
I don't think anyone has to teach them that. It's a pretty universal concept.
It's a natural universal concept that homosexual acts are unnatural and disordered. And the Bible describes it as unnatural. And it's been that way throughout the history of mankind. Most societies saw it that way as well, but usually manifests once a society is decaying and in decline.

Reactions: Leaf Aricsun
Oct 2019
International Falls, Minnesota
I don't think anyone has to teach them that. It's a pretty universal concept.
Everything has to be taught to be learned. No one is born knowing the difference between right and wrong. That's why you and others want homosexuality taught in public schools, to give it approval as normal behavior.

Oct 2019
I don't see why you would call the objective study of human behavior "personal." Now, if the curriculum called for kids to talk about their own secret sexual thoughts, THAT would be personal and have no place in the classroom. But the objective study of human behavior is perfectly suited to the classroom. There's a LOT of myth and misinformation floating about as rumor among young people about sexual behavior--it would be a disservice NOT to provide them with accurate information about something so important...and personal.
Maybe college. Not public schools.

Rasselas

Feb 2010
USA
Anatomy does tell you the right way to have sex.

Anatomy tells you that a man was made to have sex with a woman.
If you say this, you don't understand anatomy as a subject. Are you one of those people who thinks humans only have sex for reproduction? You only have sex with your wife once a month, on the day she ovulates? Anything else is "wrong" according to "anatomy?" Bizarre.

Oct 2019
If you say this, you don't understand anatomy as a subject. Are you one of those people who thinks humans only have sex for reproduction? You only have sex with your wife once a month, on the day she ovulates? Anything else is "wrong" according to "anatomy?" Bizarre.
Do you use a 1/2 inch wrench for a 3/8 inch bolt?

Rasselas

Feb 2010
USA
Everything has to be taught to be learned. No one is born knowing the difference between right and wrong.
You're objectively wrong about that. There's evidence for moral thinking in very small children, who understand fairness and being helpful rather than harmful pretty well. The pattern of human morality in most areas is pretty consistent across cultures and time periods. Ideas like loyalty, avoiding harm to others, the need to be truthful in most situations, the hurtfulness of deception, and other aspects of "right and wrong" are nearly universal among human beings.
That's why you and others want homosexuality taught in public schools, to give it approval as normal behavior.
I want students to get accurate, factual information about all subjects. I'll leave approval or disapproval to individuals.

Oct 2019
You're objectively wrong about that. There's evidence for moral thinking in very small children, who understand fairness and being helpful rather than harmful pretty well. The pattern of human morality in most areas is pretty consistent across cultures and time periods. Ideas like loyalty, avoiding harm to others, the need to be truthful in most situations, the hurtfulness of deception, and other aspects of "right and wrong" are nearly universal among human beings.
I want students to get accurate, factual information about all subjects. I'll leave approval or disapproval to individuals.
Some things belong in the classroom, some things not. We disagree on this.

Oct 2019
Since it won't actually fit or accomplish anything, it's not POSSIBLE to use a 1/2 wrong for a 3/8 bolt. If homosexual behavior were not possible, it would not exist. Do you burn steel rods in your fireplace?
Was the penis designed to fit into the anus?