AZ Republican State Sen. Pushes Bill to Prohibit Discussing "Homosexuality" in Sex-Ed Classes

Rasselas

Feb 2010
USA
Maybe college. Not public schools.
Since (nearly) everyone is sexual, and they start being sexual at puberty, educating them about sex at puberty would seem appropriate. A comparatively small portion of the population takes a Sexual Behavior course in college. Not that many people go to college, and lots of them take some other course to satisfy that general education requirement.

Oct 2019
Earth
I would ask you to point out some of the facts you are referring to, but I know you’ll just resort to your same old duck & dodge routine.

You remind me of a poster who used to post here... always making cowardly insults rather than make his case. Always calling people ignorant when he was asked to explain himself, because he was unable to. Not even he understood half the stuff he said meant.

It was kind of sad, really. I guess he finally gave up. Don’t be like him. Participate in the discussion.
Person A - makes a comment on anatomy or biology
Person B - calls discussion of biological reality as ignorant.

Have you considered that by asking people to repeat themselves over simple comments that it might come across in a way you may not intend? I used to have a friend that would regularly get themselves kicked out of bars for things like starting fights, would you guess that 100% of the time it was the bouncers fault?

Rasselas

Feb 2010
USA
Some things belong in the classroom, some things not. We disagree on this.
Unfortunately, your thinking about this comes only from complete misconceptions about the subject--and I don't mean the morality or immorality of a given sexual behavior, which is beside the point.

Rasselas

Feb 2010
USA
Point of privilege: Biological reality isn't ignorant. 1) Your understanding of biological reality is faulty, and 2) the area of knowledge we're talking about isn't biology.

Oct 2019
International Falls, Minnesota
Unfortunately, your thinking about this comes only from complete misconceptions about the subject--and I don't mean the morality or immorality of a given sexual behavior, which is beside the point.
Oh, for sure. Whatever.

Mar 2019
In Sunday School with Hognoxious
If you say this, you don't understand anatomy as a subject.
Ask the proctologists who treat homosexual males for Gay Bowel Syndrome. There are serious problems when homosexuals ignore anatomy and choose to sodomize each other.

"The clinical and pathological findings in a group of 260 homosexual men comprising 10% of a private proctologic practice are reviewed. A clinical pattern of anorectal and colon diseases encountered with unusual frequency in these homosexual patients is termed the gay bowel syndrome. The clinical diagnoses in decreasing order of frequency include condyloma acuminata, hemorrhoids, nonspecific proctitis, anal fistula, perirectal abscess, anal fissure, amebiasis, benign polyps, viral hepatitis, gonorrhea, syphilis, anorectal trauma and foreign bodies, shigellosis, rectal ulcers and lymphogranuloma venereum. " The gay bowel syndrome: clinico-pathologic correlation in 260 cases

Reactions: Leaf Aricsun

Rasselas

Feb 2010
USA
Was the penis designed to fit into the anus?
The word "designed" is problematic here. The human penis (like everything else about human biology) developed organically through a process of evolution. "Design" implies an intention, and there's no objective evidence for this. Thus, your whole conception here is a religious one, and it's not up to public schools to teach religious belief.

The fact is, the penis does fit into the anus, if both the penis and anus are willing.

Why concentrate on only this one particular behavior. There are all sorts of other behaviors you object to. It would be unacceptably vulgar to go into a lot of detail, but if genital-anal sex is your own conception of homosexual behavior, you need more education in the area even to discuss it.

StanStill

Former Staff
Dec 2013
Work
Person A - makes a comment on anatomy or biology

Have you considered that by asking people to repeat themselves over simple comments that it might come across in a way you may not intend? I used to have a friend that would regularly get themselves kicked out of bars for things like starting fights, would you guess that 100% of the time it was the bouncers fault?
So you can't point to any facts that I called someone ignorant for stating? What a surprise!

Can you at least show who person A and person B are in this scenario? No? Was it meant to be hypothetical, and not based on anything going on in this discussion?

Oct 2019
International Falls, Minnesota
The word "designed" is problematic here. The human penis (like everything else about human biology) developed organically through a process of evolution. "Design" implies an intention, and there's no objective evidence for this. Thus, your whole conception here is a religious one, and it's not up to public schools to teach religious belief.

The fact is, the penis does fit into the anus, if both the penis and anus are willing.

Why concentrate on only this one particular behavior. There are all sorts of other behaviors you object to. It would be unacceptably vulgar to go into a lot of detail, but if genital-anal sex is your own conception of homosexual behavior, you need more education in the area even to discuss it.
Nope. I Don't believe in evolution.