Bachmann: China's 'blinded' the U.S. 'with their lasers' By NBC's Matt Loffman Michel

jackalope

Former Staff
Jan 2010
Maine
Bachmann: China's 'blinded' the U.S. 'with their lasers'
By NBC's Matt Loffman

Michele Bachmann
was the Laura Ingraham Show Friday where she said China has "blinded the United States satellites with their lasers."

"I'm not sharing something I shouldn't, but China has blinded United States satellites with their lasers," said Bachmann, who reiterated that she sits on the House Intelligence Commitee.
"They've also supplied arms to the Taliban, and they've helped North Korea deliver missiles to Iran and Pakistan. And they've assisted Iran with their nuclear program."

She also mentioned China's "cyber attacks"on the U.S. and "currency manipulation."

more: First Read - Bachmann: China's 'blinded' the U.S. 'with their lasers'

Oh, geez, another crazy Bachmann-ism?

Rasselas

Feb 2010
USA
Oh, geez, another crazy Bachmann-ism?
So is she making something up (which we can't prove because we aren't allowed to know what members of the House Intelligence Committee know) or is she revealing secrets that we're not supposed to know? Good thing she doesn't have to apply for a security clearance.

Reactions: jackalope

jackalope

Former Staff
Jan 2010
Maine
So is she making something up (which we can't prove because we aren't allowed to know what members of the House Intelligence Committee know) or is she revealing secrets that we're not supposed to know? Good thing she doesn't have to apply for a security clearance.

Oh! Good question there, Rass.

Yes, damn good thing she doesn't have to apply for a security clearance.

Jun 2011
Well, what is true though is that China has the capability to 'bring it' to our space bound assets, whether that is GPS/spy satellites/communication satellites.

2007 Chinese anti-satellite missile test - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You can also read about the low-boil cyber warfare that is happening too. I operate websites and many of them reside on servers provided by a company called Rackspace, large enough to be on China's radar and I wound up having important websites down because of denial of service attacks which were kinda sorta not quite directly attributable to the PRC, but it raised enough eyebrows when google was having its row with China that Sec'y of State Clinton got involved asking China for an 'explanation'

Jun 2006
Vancouver
Well the currency manipulation and cyber attacks are certainly true. Not even controversial.

Bt if the other stuff is true, and she heard about it by sitting on some intelligence committee... then her way of discussing it is really what makes her, yet again, the but of the joke. It's like someone explained it to her in the simplest of language and she's trying to repeat what the grown ups said.

But seriously... compared to her lambasting Obama for the way he "failed to prevent the Arab Spring" and neglected his duty as commander in chief to stop the region from overthrowing their brutal dictators... I mean come on... there's very little anyone could do to top that.

Please .. she'll only go away when we stop hanging off her every fucked up, "7 year-old world view" word. I'm as guilty as anyone.. i can't get enough. I'm giving up my Huffington Post blackberry ap for lent.

Jun 2011
N/A
For this we will be getting answers very quickly, for such claims can either be corroborated or denounced.

But you are right: either way, this makes Bachmann look bad. Is she lying, or did she just spill the beans on military secrets. The sword cuts both ways: by making such claims, if no evidence "comes forth", then she will have to present some evidence herself.

But since her campaign is imploding at around the 5% mark and I bet the FEC reports will show very bad fundraising numbers for her, I suspect she will be out of the race before the IA caucuses begin.

jackalope

Former Staff
Jan 2010
Maine
Agreed on the cyber attacks and currency manipulation. And, lmao @ Dr. Gently's lenten sacrifice :f_laugh: