'Baghdad is dying'

G

getreal

It is definately a media conspiracy. Thats why you have never even come close to a halfway in-depth report on life for an Iraqi, or a US soldier.

I love how people can so easily know that anything that runs slightly counter to how they wish it was going, or how it should be going, is a freaking conspiracy against them.
A US soldier is never going to speak out to loudly against anything to do with this war- The Bushites would ruin his career and possibly his life for doing so. Republicans even eat thier own children for lunch........

F

freecell

[QUOTERepublicans even eat thier own children for lunch........][/QUOTE]

You are obsessed with this aren’t you?

P

Properman

That Shock and Awe was not a media creation. It was a disgusting and Illegal destruction of a country's infrastructure. We have now set up a little America in the green zone in the center of Iraq. There is a shortage of clean water that Halliburton is more than happy to fill (at about $10 a glass) Also, we have awarded reconstruction contracts to those allies that were bullied and cajoled into supporting the invasion rather than Iraqi companies. We have yet to allocate Iraqi oil resources to the populace. We have yet to pay for ANY portion of the war with Iraqi oil. Where are those revenues going? Poof! Gone with the wind! Billions have simply disappeared of the money appropriated by congress. No accounting has taken place or even been requested. Political corruption on BOTH sides. Just DIRTY BUSINESS, And young Americans are being sacrificed for this and even more will be sent to their DEATHS in order to save political FACE! Fuck that!!! Aren't we ALL pissed off! Why not??
Yes it is a dirty bussiness, and we sould all be pissed off. Unfotunately though it is more than that. We went in to Iraq to unthrone a tyrant, and we did that, but we also went in to find Bin Ladden, Now that we know he's not there shouldn't we pull out. Nope, we will never pull out, face it. The US has troops curently stationed in every nation we have fought, and subsequentialy defeated. Japan, Germany, The Philipenes(we didnt even give them their freedom back right away after the war ended), must I go on. So anyway we will always have troops there, and there will always be people tyring to kill them, and eventualy, what happened in 1776 to the British, will happen to us, and the only way to keep that from happening is something our "morals" will never let us do. LEAVE IRAQ ALONE.
Another thing we are doing wrong is we are trying to set up a democracy in Iraq. Governments only work in special places, America is one of those, Iraq, is not. There is not enough of a diversified income in Iraq for a democracy to thrive, and not enough people are willing to accept democracy. For once we might have to let facism, or communism to win. They are just forms of governments, what does it matter. And it will be like this in all of the middle east, democracy will not work there.

L
Oh that’s right we should have put them in time-out. :rolleyes:
Time out, for what? Are we their parents?

Ill ask you one question. If another country came over here and bombed the crap out of us, and brought down the government, and killed alot of civilians along with our entire infrastructure, what would you do?

I have a feeling every American with a slingshot would be at their window taking potshots at lone troops, and dying for what they felt was "Their" country, protecting it from invadors.

Can you say any different? Put that in context, first, and then reread the posts before this.

G

getreal

[QUOTERepublicans even eat thier own children for lunch........]

You are obsessed with this aren’t you? [/quote]

Actually I am obsessed with life. I simply come here for entertainment and to vent my personal feelings in regards to what is happening in the world. I actually learn from some of the more informed on here and enjoy reading a lot of the posts. But obsessed with it all? No. I have quite a full life otherwise. Went a round in my golf cart today, even road the four wheeler through the hills on my land this evening. Spent a bit of time in my shop and then took a walk with my lovely lady and sat in the swing on the front deck. The stars are shining brightly overhead and I am thankful to be alive at this moment.

But yes I have been alive and awake for quite a number of years and I have seen and do know how the Bush repubs eat thier own for lunch. One would have to be blind to not see it. And it recognizing that fact I do not feel that I am obsessed with making these observations.

Thanks for your concern however....

F

freecell

Ill ask you one question. If another country came over here and bombed the crap out of us, and brought down the government, and killed alot of civilians along with our entire infrastructure, what would you do?
I agree, but some are acting like that would have been a solution. We are in a WAR and people die, period.

G

getreal

I agree, but some are acting like that would have been a solution. We are in a WAR and people die, period.
And unfortunately for some there are those of us who have heart and care that it was our missguided president who brought pain to many innocent folks in a faraway land. And as my heart goes out to these souls- these fellow citizens of planet earth I intend to share the stories I come across without shame for doing so and without shame for shedding a grown man's tears for thier suffering..... If that bothers you- to see a grown man care for others- then take your hard ass to another thread and please do not hijack mine.