Banning Columbus Day

Sep 2007
N48 51.489 E2 17.67119
I had the day off!! Didn't get to party tho. :smileydrink: I have been before to the parade and festivities and Italians really know how to have a good time. The Feast is my favorite Italian event...4 days of non stop celebration.
I'm within a 1 hour drive of 4 Indian Reservations, there are no Columbus day celebrations or observations in this area. That I am aware of anyway. Food celebrations are the best. Every Packer game is a celebration of the bratwurst. Yum.

Jan 2014
California
I'm within a 1 hour drive of 4 Indian Reservations, there are no Columbus day celebrations or observations in this area. That I am aware of anyway. Food celebrations are the best. Every Packer game is a celebration of the bratwurst. Yum.
Mr. Porter,

We go green bay, we go green bay, we go see packers, we watch them play. When they score touchdown, we shout hurray

We all have so much fun we go green bay

We go Ford Plaza, we go to shop, we buy orange Julius, we drink it up. We go Chaco Liquor, we buy cheap beer, we all so much fun when we go here

We go Red Lobster, we think it great. Ma she get crab legs, I get steak. A couple beers to wash them down, we always do the same thing in town

Well Pretty soon it time to go, seems we just got here, but now we must go home. In days to come, we all do dream; that's the biggest town we ever see

Last edited:
Feb 2016
Yoknapatawpha County
So is extolling them for virtues they did not possess, and celebrating them for things they did not do. Columbus did not discover America. He was not even the first European to get here.
I could say the very same thing about your fixation with the Native Americans. They weren't the quite the victims you seem to think they are.

Tell me, are you familiar with the ritualized torture of captives of the Eastern tribes? Would you like to discuss some of their charming cultural values like slavery? I'm certainly ready willing and able to myself.....

Feb 2016
Yoknapatawpha County
Feb 2016
Yoknapatawpha County
So is extolling them for virtues they did not possess, and celebrating them for things they did not do. Columbus did not discover America. He was not even the first European to get here.
In point of fact Columbus day is just another day around here. Still, I'm given to understand it's important enough for some to celebrate.

Was his accomplishment important? I'm guessing you could say it was a pivotal event as it had a definite impact on the world. The Viking discovery never had such an impact. Is it ok of Native Americans to have a Native American day on the calendar or even opt out and keep their own celebrations and cultural events? Fine by me. Is it ok to have a Columbus day on the calendar for others? Again, fine by me.

Is it ok to denigrate one and not the other by leftist whites? Stupid. It's just stupid. I'm with Bill Maher on this one.

Bill Maher Thinks White Liberals' Self-Loathing Has Gone Too Far

Last edited:

Ian Jeffrey

Council Hall
Mar 2013
Vulcan, down the street from Darth Vader
I could say the very same thing about your fixation with the Native Americans.
No, you could not, since no such fixation exists or has been demonstrated. In fact, I said nothing about Native Americans at all.

Feb 2010
between Moon and NYC
Ban them all. If there is any fun or enjoyment involved...dump it. We could replace them with National Outrage Day or National Dickhead Day. National Dickhead Day could be fun in a evil sort of way. One day a year, you can be as rude, insulting, demeaning, as you want without consequence. With violence happening as it is, maybe we could consider The Purge. :) Not sure if you have seen those movies.
Yes!!! Let's do it!!

I am delightfully pissed off just considering your proposals.....!!!!!!!

Feb 2016
Yoknapatawpha County
I'm all for monuments. We should put up some large murals of the etchings done by Bartolomé de las Casas. He was a contemporary of Columbus, and sailed on two of the voyages, among others. He was also the first person to be ordained a Catholic priest in the New World. His first account of the Columbus and subsequent voyages was titled A Short Account of the Destruction of the Indies. Later he published a three volume work called History of the Indies. Here are some of the illustrations:

After all, these are first hand accounts of the early voyages to the New world. Why don't we teach kids about this in school?
No, you could not, since no such fixation exists or has been demonstrated. In fact, I said nothing about Native Americans at all.
Sorry but I committed a gross generalization. You leftist whites all type alike these days. I can't hardly tell you apart.

Mar 2008
The last place I lost my keys.
I thought yesterday was Leif Erikson Day? I hope he never pissed anyone off......anyway, "Hinga Dinga Durgen!"

Mar 2015
Istanbul NOT Constantinople...
Yes, the "native americans" didn't have clean hands themselves. Look, invasions are bad but they have taken place throughout human history. Are you bitching about the mongol invasion of India, the Middle East, or Europe? Where's the "outrage" about the depredations of the Mongols?

Just when have you whined about the depredations of the Sioux against the Cheyanne who took land from the Crow who then turned around and scouted for the U.S. cavalry in an effort to "get back" at them? Just when have you managed to do that? Just when have you even attempted to take a colorblind approach to human interactions either in the past or the present?

It's tiresome. It's tedious. Pissing on white historical figures because of something that happened 500 years ago is just stupid. You do it. You be the self loathing white who's managed to internalize a racism of your own phenotype. I'll keep the Italian. Phfft!
So, you are implying that native Americans were souless heathens that needed to be rounded up and slaughtered? Mind you, I'm not talking about genocide right now, only the fact that Columbus was found guilty of some pretty screwed up stuff. No one is saying send back all the white people, we are simply attempting to point out that Columbous was hardly worthy of this honor.

Last edited: