Banning Plastic Straws – Just Another Climate Scam Strawman

Nov 2018
Maryland
Another feel-good scheme that is suppose to help the environment. Strawman scam.

Today’s Campaign Update, Part II
(Because The Campaign Never Ends)

You don’t sayyyy… – The people who run McDonald’s were forced to admit yesterday that the company “may have exaggerated how eco-friendly their paper straws are.” Oh.

But this mania growing across the United States of America to shame companies like McDonald’s into using them instead of plastic straws and further to push states to go so far as to issue outright bans on plastic straws is just one more fake crusade by a bunch of fake eco-crusaders.

Here’s the truth about the problem with plastic in our oceans: The United States and Europe COMBINED produce about 2% of the total waste, with the U.S. producing about half of that, or 1%. Meanwhile, fully 82% of the waste emanates from Asia and its rapidly-expanding economies, with the remaining 16% coming from Africa, South America and the rest of the world.

In other words, the plastics issue is just like the carbon emissions issue: The United States could eliminate ALL use of plastics and not even make a small dent in terms of solving the problem. In other words, the entire issue is – excuse the pun – a classic straw man.

Aug 2018
Vancouver
It seems to be the smartest thing to do would be to patent and sell paper straw designs to Asia.

And the dumbest thing to do would be to pay Asia to sit around 200 lbs overweight sucking on single use plastics, shitting all over the planet, mocking and insulting anyone who cares about anything.

Apr 2010
Oregon
Wow I guess we should do absolutely nothing then!

“Well his diabetes is worse than mine so I’m not going to take insulin” is really a great way to approach the world

America produces A LOT of plastic waste. We are second only to China. The produce 1.5x as much plastic but have more than 4x our population. So the US has by far the highest plastic waste per capita. Maybe the issue is you were looking at total waste and not plastic waste. It’s almost like your article has no idea what it was talking about. Maybe you should try listening to actual scientists and experts instead of DB Daily Update. The DB stands for douche bag

Update, I found the journal that the article tried to use a proof of it’s premise. It definitely doesn’t say what it thinks it says lol
even a relatively low mismanaged rate results in a large mass of mismanaged plas-tic waste because of large coastal populations and, especially in the United States, high per capita waste generation.
https://www.iswa.org/fileadmin/user...AMERICANA/Science-2015-Jambeck-768-71__2_.pdf

CC5100B5-A602-41BB-B990-41158C60927E.jpeg
A726B3C7-7F86-4E25-BB1E-19AD6C76F815.jpeg
Plastic Pollution

There is also setting an example. When other countries see a country like the United States successfully reduce their plastic waste, they will follow suit. Unlike the United States, most countries do not have a significant population of nutters who don’t believe in climate change.

Last edited:
Mar 2019
California
Destroying the oceans to own the libs!
I really think a Nuke war, or a Pandemic of Ebola ,or the wholesale slaughter and RETAIL slaughter going on today are more important problems than a few plastic straws. Or any phony Global Warming.

Apr 2010
Oregon
I think that’s honestly what most of this comes down to. You guys know the planet is warming. You know the oceans are horribly polluted. You know sea life is dying rapidly. You just don’t give a shit. You will gladly destroy the planet if it means you get to own the libs.

It’s all your sad lives revolve around.

“lolllll I went to the beach today and couldn’t get in the water due to a red tide caused by pollution and the sand was so covered in Microplastic that I couldn’t take my shoes. But I totally triggered a lib by using a plastic straw! Fuckin worthhh ittttt”

It’s like that for every aspects of your miserable lives. It’s apparently the only thing that brings a ray of joy to the dark cloud that you live with. “Lollll we collapsed the agricultural and food production in our state by recklessly deporting the work force. But holy shit were the libs mad that forced families apart! Worth itttt. Yo pass the MREs that the national guard flew in to the state”

Last edited:
Apr 2010
Oregon
I really think a Nuke war, or a Pandemic of Ebola ,or the wholesale slaughter and RETAIL slaughter going on today are more important problems than a few plastic straws. Or any phony Global Warming.
Yeah the war in Macy’s is pretty srs

Oh and if you’re worried about pandemics, global warming will make them much worse. Yes, including Ebola. The destruction of habitats in West Africa leads to bats being forced closer to humans. Food shortages lead to people being more likely to eat bushmeat. Ebola you don’t really have to worry about. Many other diseases you do. Especially mosquito borne disease

Sierra Leone, where Ebola is currently raging, lost 96 percent of its forest by the 1920s and may lose the rest by 2018, according to the U.N. Guinea, where the 2014 Ebola outbreak began, has lost 20 percent of its forests since 1990. The human activity that drives deforestation—logging, mining, slash and burn agriculture, demand for firewood and road building—means more and more people are entering the forest, and thus forcing animals like bats to find new habitats closer to human civilization.
How Climate Change Is Exacerbating the Spread of Disease

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0398762018312136

How does climate change affect disease?

https://www.who.int/globalchange/climate/en/chapter6.pdf

Oh and slaughter? There has already been slaughter because of climate change. As resources diminish, the struggle over those resources becomes predictably more violent

This is a PENTEGON report. You go going to call them liars?

Bloomberg - Are you a robot?

Mar 2019
California
Yeah the war in Macy’s is pretty srs

Oh and if you’re worried about pandemics, global warming will make them much worse. Yes, including Ebola. The destruction of habitats in West Africa leads to bats being forced closer to humans. Food shortages lead to people being more likely to eat bushmeat. Ebola you don’t really have to worry about. Many other diseases you do. Especially mosquito borne disease

How Climate Change Is Exacerbating the Spread of Disease

Change of influenza pandemics because of climate change: Complex network simulations - ScienceDirect

How does climate change affect disease?

https://www.who.int/globalchange/climate/en/chapter6.pdf

Oh and slaughter? There has already been slaughter because of climate change. As resources diminish, the struggle over those resources becomes predictably more violent

This is a PENTEGON report. You go going to call them liars?

Bloomberg - Are you a robot?
Yes. Reason? There are two methods of Science. The Scholastic and the Empirical. As I told Big Leroy ,I have a thermometer. And a notebook. I have been checking the Temp for the last 5 years on a daily basis. Result? No change. Same as 5 years ago. It is easy to do. Also ,there is Ocean Beach in 'Frisco. Shoreline is the same as 60 years ago. I have pictures. The Scholastic method of Science is to take the word of self styled "Experts". The Empirical method is to check it oneself. Besides ,what if these Scientists are LYING? Lots of money in research grants. Like Bob Dylan said. "It don't take a weatherman to tell which way the wind blows". Not only that ,but I just don't care. More important issues going on right NOW.