Barack and Michelle Obama Buying Mega-Mansion in Martha's Vineyard

Mar 2019
In Sunday School with Hognoxious
Good for the Obama's. Sound like their second daughter is done with school in the DC area and now they will have a nice home for their family and friends!
I agree with you really. Good for them that they have a property that nice for them.

I was being sarcastic. Because Obama told Plumber Joe that he had to "spread the wealth around."

CtC

Mar 2019
California
Barack and Michelle Obama may soon become Kennedy adjacent because we've learned they're in escrow for a remarkable, mega-expensive, Martha's Vineyard estate.

Multiple island sources tell us the Obamas are in escrow for the estate owned by Boston Celtics owner, Wyc Grousbeck. The former Prez and First Lady have been renting the house this summer and loved it so much, we've learned they made an offer. The property is listed at $14,850,000. Our sources say they're paying less, but we don't know how much.

The estate -- incredible. It's 29 beachfront acres. The main residence is just shy of 6,900 square feet. It has 7 bedrooms, so Sasha and Malia have a place to crash, along with several of their friends. It has the obligatory pool, an outdoor fireplace, a chef's kitchen, vaulted ceilings and 2 guest wings. It has incredible views, especially while soaking in the second-floor balcony Jacuzzi.

Barack and Michelle Obama Buying Mega-Mansion in Martha's Vineyard

So people who believe carbon is killing the planet want to live in gigantic mansion with massive carbon footprint.

Sounds about right

This reminds me of a few of Obama's quotes from his reign of terror as 'president'.

Obama, 2008: "When you spread the wealth around, it's good for everybody"
Obama, 2010: "At a certain point, you've made enough money"

And a new one for the list:

Obama, 2019: "I'll take the $15 million Martha's Vineyard mansion on 29 beachfront acres"
If Obama will just ADMIT it is cool to be rich ,I am fine with him buying a big house.

Jan 2018
Plamer Earth
At first glance this looks so comfortable and homey...a luxurious home where friends and family relax. Yet in reality the entire place will be covered with security surveillance and constantly patrolled by heavily armed guards. The food and drinks must be diligently tested for poison. All the "hired help" will be heavily "filtered". Any guests won't just be dropping buy and knocking on the door. Oh no...for most of us this would be like living in Hell. Personally I would prefer a cabin in the woods. All presidents sacrifice safety, privacy and very much freedom..... and that IMHO should be appreciated.

Reactions: ripskater

HayJenn

Jul 2014
CA
At first glance this looks so comfortable and homey...a luxurious home where friends and family relax. Yet in reality the entire place will be covered with security surveillance and constantly patrolled by heavily armed guards. The food and drinks must be diligently tested for poison. All the "hired help" will be heavily "filtered". Any guests won't just be dropping buy and knocking on the door. Oh no...for most of us this would be like living in Hell. Personally I would prefer a cabin in the woods. All presidents sacrifice safety, privacy and very much freedom..... and that IMHO should be appreciated.

If I were in the SS, that is the job I would want.

Jan 2007
You do that he makes most of his money off of book deals right???

Michelle's book was #1 on the best selling list for weeks and all her appearances were sold out.

Both made the most admired people list at #1.

That must make the Trumpster's here pretty upset I would guess.

They get huge cash prepayments .
Hang their portraits along with Mueller's on your wall.