Barr Assigns U.S. Attorney in Connecticut to Review Origins of Russia Inquiry

Dec 2014
The Milky Way
Career guy, highly regarded.

Attorney General William P. Barr has assigned the top federal prosecutor in Connecticut to examine the origins of the Russia investigation, according to two people familiar with the matter, a move that President Trump has long called for but that could anger law enforcement officials who insist that scrutiny of the Trump campaign was lawful.​

John H. Durham, the United States attorney in Connecticut, has a history of serving as a special prosecutor investigating potential wrongdoing among national security officials, including the F.B.I.’s ties to a crime boss in Boston and accusations of C.I.A. abuses of detainees.

His inquiry is the third known investigation focused on the opening of an F.B.I. counterintelligence investigation during the 2016 presidential campaign into possible ties between Russia’s election interference and Trump associates.

Barr Assigns U.S. Attorney in Connecticut to Review Origins of Russia Inquiry

HayJenn

Jul 2014
CA
Interesting, your link seems to indicate that Barr just appointed Durham

While this thread said he has been working on it for "weeks"

US Attorney John Durham Has Been Reviewing Origins of Russia Probe 'For Weeks'

So which one is it?

Just appointed or has been working for Barr for weeks?

BTW, you link also confirms there are already 2 other investigations into same things as this one will

Again, wondering why there is a need for 3rd investigation?

Dec 2014
The Milky Way
Joe diGenova: This is very serious business. For the first time I believe some of these guys are going to prison… Let me tell you something, Horowitz has already concluded that the final three FISAs were completely illegal. He’s now on the brink of finding that the first FISA was completely illegal. Durham has already used a grand jury in Connecticut. They’ve already gotten documents. He’s already talked to the intel people.

Laura Ingraham: How long has this been going on?

Joe diGenova: Durham’s been working for a couple months. The bottom line is this. This is now – big time! This is where Brennan needs five lawyers. Comey needs five lawyers.

BOOM! Joe diGenova: For the First Time I Believe These Guys are Going to Jail... This is Big Time! Brennan and Comey Needs 5 Attorneys (VIDEO)

kmiller1610

Former Staff
Mar 2007
Boring and necessary.

We already reviewed the possibility of one political party conspiring with a foreign power to steer an election. The answer was in the negative.

Now it's time for an even more important audit, the possibility of an incumbent administration at the end of its second term, conspiring with elements of the US government itself to undermine an election and after that, to attempt to depose the duly elected POTUS.

This audit should be strict and complete. The integrity of our government's transitions of power is at stake. Less than 20 years ago, we understood the duty of departing administrations. I personally hope that the degree of illegal meddling is limited and minor. I suspect my hopes to be dashed. Your mention of Benghazi is telling. I suspect that the meddling model was demonstrated in that event.

Text of Gore´s Concession Speech

I also accept my responsibility, which I will discharge unconditionally, to honor the new president-elect and do everything possible to help him bring Americans together in fulfillment of the great vision that our Declaration of Independence defines and that our Constitution affirms and defends.

President-elect Bush inherits a nation whose citizens will be ready to assist him in the conduct of his large responsibilities. I personally will be at his disposal and I call on all Americans -- I particularly urge all who stood with us to unite behind our next president.

This is America. Just as we fight hard when the stakes are high, we close ranks and come together when the contest is done. And while there will be time enough to debate our continuing differences, now is the time to recognize that that which unites us is greater than that which divides us.

While we yet hold and do not yield our opposing beliefs, there is a higher duty than the one we owe to political party. This is America and we put country before party. We will stand together behind our new president.

Mar 2019
California
Interesting, your link seems to indicate that Barr just appointed Durham

While this thread said he has been working on it for "weeks"

US Attorney John Durham Has Been Reviewing Origins of Russia Probe 'For Weeks'

So which one is it?

Just appointed or has been working for Barr for weeks?

BTW, you link also confirms there are already 2 other investigations into same things as this one will

Again, wondering why there is a need for 3rd investigation?
Again. To find and prosecute the criminals who started all this crap.