Barr says spying on Trump campaign 'did occur,' but provides no evidence

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more
(CNN)Attorney General William Barr told lawmakers Wednesday that he will be looking to the "genesis" of the the FBI's counterintelligence investigation into potential ties between members of Donald Trump's presidential campaign and the Russian government began in 2016, saying, "I think spying on a political campaign is a big deal" -- echoing some of the more inflammatory claims lobbed by President Donald Trump for months, but declining to elaborate on his concerns.

"I think spying did occur," Barr said, though he declined to provide the basis for his concern. "The question is whether it was . . . adequately predicated."
https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/10/politics/barr-doj-investiation-fbi-russia/index.html

so we now know we have an AG that's willing to entertain conspiracy theories.

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
It's already been looked into.
Apparently he and possible the DOJ are going to do it again. He also mentioned the FISA warrant which Trump keeps threatening to release. I am growing curious as to whats in there since they both have seen them and must know something. 2020 surprise?

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more
Apparently he and possible the DOJ are going to do it again. He also mentioned the FISA warrant which Trump keeps threatening to release. I am growing curious as to whats in there since they both have seen them and must know something. 2020 surprise?
He's already reached his own conclusion about it.

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
He's already reached his own conclusion about it.
Dont know, he also talked about the Horowitz report coming next month. Trump been threatening that for months and at last months rally said it will be "shocking." I guess we will see what they know or think they know.

Dec 2018
the Heart of America
https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/10/politics/barr-doj-investiation-fbi-russia/index.html

so we now know we have an AG that's willing to entertain conspiracy theories.
That's not quite true. The word "spying" is loaded. He was asked a loaded question about "spying" and responded in a similar manner. He tried to qualify it, but, being Barr, kept his answers short. If Congress wants an expanded opinion, they'll just call him, not put him in front of a Dog'n'Pony Show.