Barr throws curveball into Senate GOP 'spying' probe

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more
Barr has appointed a U.S. attorney in Connecticut with the responsibility of examining the origins of the FBI’s investigation into the Trump campaign, a move long clamored for by President Trump and his conservative allies. But the decision comes as a trio of high-profile Senate Republicans are planning their own investigations into “spying” on the Trump campaign during the 2016 election and the FBI’s handling of the Clinton email probe.

GOP senators stressed they back Barr’s decision, though they warned that it could hamper their own plans in Congress, where prior committee probes have been thrown into limbo as they’ve tried to get access to the same witnesses and documents being swept up in a Justice Department investigation.
Barr throws curveball into Senate GOP 'spying' probe

yeah Mr. Barr, leave wasting tax payers time and money chasing after conspiracy theories to the experts. How is the GOP suppose kiss up to Trump if you're in the way making googly eyes at him all the time?

Jan 2015
Great State of Texas
I am pretty sure it's not AG Barr you guys need to be concerned with.

It's US Attorney John Durham and his appointment was by no means a curveball in his efforts to Investigate the Investigators.

But, you keep pushing this fake news story if it makes you guys feeeeel better about what's about to happen.

May 2012
By the wall
Barr is the most qualified to investigate this, he has the resources and the knowledge, the representatives should sit back and let him just do it.

They are mostly incompetent anyways.

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more
I am pretty sure it's not AG Barr you guys need to be concerned with.

It's US Attorney John Durham and his appointment was by no means a curveball in his efforts to Investigate the Investigators.

But, you keep pushing this fake news story if it makes you guys feeeeel better about what's about to happen.
who is "you guys" and why should they be worried"? Calm down . Threatening folks and all? What brought that on?

Jan 2015
Great State of Texas
who is "you guys" and why should they be worried"? Calm down . Threatening folks and all? What brought that on?
Relax !!

There is nothing threatening in my comment.

And, you guys refer to you guys on the Left who really don't have a clue about what's going on here.

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more
I am pretty sure "you guys" are informed enough to be worried.
Relax !!

There is nothing threatening in my comment.

And, you guys refer to you guys on the Left who really don't have a clue about what's going on here.
make up your mind. Trump acting like a dictator should worry every American. If he can do it so can the next president . They could have him locked up. Have you considered that?

Last edited:
Oct 2018
WonderfulOregon
Any crime that could be described in terms of political opposition ended up before the Nazi special courts.

It was up to judges to enforce apply their understanding of Hitler’s will to the cases before them.

Judicial independence nearly vanished.

By the end of the thirties, Justice Minister Guertner, who’d once resisted some of Hitler’s more violent decrees, fired a judge who questioned the legal basis of the euthanasia program.

He said to him “If you cannot recognize the will of the Führer as a source of law, then you cannot remain a judge.”

Wittaker
Barr
Rosenstein

Threats keep Judges under Trump's thumb. What would you expect when he uses Mafioso methods?