Bay Area Mayor Reacts to Trump's Proposal to Dump Illegals in Sanctuary Cities

Sep 2012
California
Do you realize that a Pogrom has a specific definition? And none of these people are being mass murderer. Further? They are here ILLEGALLY. Period. You can shed crocodile tears over it if you like, but riddle me this Claudius...are you for a totally open border?
being here without paper is a civil matter and is something that anyone who over stays a visa can do. Treating these people like scum or threats to our nation, letting a national police force roam our streets looking for them like a witch hunter in the 1500s is beneath our dignity and is cruel for no other reason then to be cruel. I call it a pogrom because other then rounding them up and killing them, it is a pogrom. Maybe we can add another definition to it now that we are experiencing our own second wave of jingoistic rage (first one was the extermination of the native americans which was a pogrom in the classic sense). This is pogrom 2.0. Round em up like cattle, treat them like scum and then say you are just following the law. Despicable.

Dec 2018
Florida
being here without paper is a civil matter and is something that anyone who over stays a visa can do. Treating these people like scum or threats to our nation, letting a national police force roam our streets looking for them like a witch hunter in the 1500s is beneath our dignity and is cruel for no other reason then to be cruel.
I’m asking you to be clear here. Should we have open borders? It seems you are avoiding clarification here. It is simple. Should we let anyone in or not?

I call it a pogrom because other then rounding them up and killing them, it is a pogrom.
It is rocket science too, but without the rockets or the science.

Maybe we can add another definition to it now that we are experiencing our own second wave of jingoistic rage (first one was the extermination of the native americans which was a pogrom in the classic sense).
Yes and no. Late stages? Absolutely. But germs did the work long before anyone else.

This is pogrom 2.0. Round em up like cattle, treat them like scum and then say you are just following the law. Despicable.
We are following the law. And the law exists for a reason. And you know it. Otherwise you would just be totally open to us having an open border and you wouldn’t be avoiding the question.

Southern Dad

Former Staff
Feb 2015
Shady Dale, Georgia
being here without paper is a civil matter and is something that anyone who over stays a visa can do. Treating these people like scum or threats to our nation, letting a national police force roam our streets looking for them like a witch hunter in the 1500s is beneath our dignity and is cruel for no other reason then to be cruel. I call it a pogrom because other then rounding them up and killing them, it is a pogrom. Maybe we can add another definition to it now that we are experiencing our own second wave of jingoistic rage (first one was the extermination of the native americans which was a pogrom in the classic sense). This is pogrom 2.0. Round em up like cattle, treat them like scum and then say you are just following the law. Despicable.
Then welcome them to YOUR city.