BBC cameraman attacked at Trump rally.

Feb 2010
Sunny Bournemouth, Dorset
"Why the attack on our cameraman was no surprise."

"....
At some point in the president's remarks he will point a finger to where we [the penned media] are filming and you know then the fun is about to begin. "Have you seen a group of more dishonest people? They are fake news; they are the enemies of the people."

And like at a Christmas pantomime the crowd would jeer and boo. Honestly, for the overwhelming majority it is good fun; a part of the ritual. Like being at a football match and saying disobliging things about the referee.

But for a few - and I should add, a growing few, it is more than that. The uncomfortable truth is that with each month that passes the attacks have become more vociferous, the violent atmosphere on these occasions more palpable.

All of my colleagues have stories of occasions when they've been jostled; some have been spat at. Last night Ron heard the words 'CNN sucks' and '[expletive] the media' before he was taken down. ..."

Why the attack on our cameraman was no surprise

Oct 2014
C-A-N-A-D-A-Eh
Proof that MAGAts are violent
:rolleyes:

The extreme faction of the liberals are really the violent ones. The right wing people are generally better with violence, but it's usually more restrained.
Most people really do try to avoid violence where possible though.

How do we know that it was a Trump supporter? It would not be the first time plants show up to try and paint Trump in a bad light.

Tedminator

Former Staff
Jun 2010
South Florida
I don't think so.. but then again I'm not a chicano err, meximurcan so I'm not fully qualified to give you a definitive answer.

Useless story time! even though I grew up knowing the words 'kano and 'kana are slang terms for white americans (from the spanish word amerikano/amerikana), I still keep having to remind myself that chicano doesnt mean somebody from Chicago :zany:

Babba

Former Staff
Jul 2007
So. Md.
"Why the attack on our cameraman was no surprise."

"....
At some point in the president's remarks he will point a finger to where we [the penned media] are filming and you know then the fun is about to begin. "Have you seen a group of more dishonest people? They are fake news; they are the enemies of the people."

And like at a Christmas pantomime the crowd would jeer and boo. Honestly, for the overwhelming majority it is good fun; a part of the ritual. Like being at a football match and saying disobliging things about the referee.

But for a few - and I should add, a growing few, it is more than that. The uncomfortable truth is that with each month that passes the attacks have become more vociferous, the violent atmosphere on these occasions more palpable.

All of my colleagues have stories of occasions when they've been jostled; some have been spat at. Last night Ron heard the words 'CNN sucks' and '[expletive] the media' before he was taken down. ..."

Why the attack on our cameraman was no surprise
Trump needs to shut his piehole.

Sparta

Former Staff
Aug 2006
Connecticut
Its amusing to watch people who once backed Obama as he led a crusade against "military aged men" using drone strikes now finding a moral compass over barely audible social issues and simple assault.